Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
22.73%
5 22.73%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.55%
1 4.55%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
4.55%
1 4.55%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
0%
0 0%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
13.64%
3 13.64%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
36.36%
8 36.36%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0%
0 0%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
18.18%
4 18.18%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
I hope this poll will be useful. I personally don’t have a pony in this race, but I have friends who are affected by the PR recall. I have read a number of posts where people are getting DS2 replacements and am curious as to how many, and which models are getting into the patients’ hands. At present, I have not read any testimonies of refurbished, or new & upgraded, DS1 xPAP’s being provided. But that may change in the future.

So here goes the Poll.
If you have one of the Philips Respironics machines affected by the recall (I don’t really care which model you have for the case of this poll), and you now have a replacement xPAP, I’m curious which one you received as a replacement. Also, for the sake of this poll, I’m not interested in the instances where someone has removed foam from a PR xPAP and resumed operation of the modified machine. There are enough threads that cover that topic.

Sorry, I know these poll options don’t encompass all possible answers. And some answers don’t necessarily apply right now, but may in the future. So please pick the one that fits your situation best and post an explanation with details if you wish.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts and its many users.
~ Using a 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Bump2

Would love to hear what "other brands" of xPAP's people are getting for a PR replacement. And maybe how much of a copay people have pay in copay situations.
RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Bump2 
RayBee

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 1,614 115,632 4 hours ago
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Terrible Velcro On Philips Nuance Gel Pillow Mask Driving Me Nuts hyphicti 0 30 Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Last Post: hyphicti
  What to ask doctor about prescription for replacement machine, and then? Helena 14 581 10-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Received Dreamstation 2 Post Recall reverseswing 8 375 10-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  BongoRx Alternative EPAP Treatment [recall thread split] btreger 4 178 10-13-2021, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SoClean sues Philips [updated] Jeff8356 8 383 10-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Airsense 10 motor replacement part TYPHOONBOB 5 2,667 10-12-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Rogi Blatus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.