Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.49%
117 41.49%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.61%
13 4.61%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.86%
56 19.86%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.90%
11 3.90%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.80%
22 7.80%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.67%
47 16.67%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.35%
1 0.35%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.32%
15 5.32%
Total 282 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Registered for the replacement on Feb 5, 2024 on the Philips Patient Portal.
Received Feb. 24.

Refurbished Dreamstation 1 Auto CPAP, originally manufactured in 2019.

I actually called Philips a few days before receiving it to request the DS1, instead of the DS2, and they said they are only shipping DS2.  Obviously incorrect information.

Have to say I am very happy with the DS1.  With help from sites like this one I have been able to dial in my parameters, and the algorithm responds well to me and my wife, with my AHI consistently around 2-3, with a recent 1.1!  (Nuance nasal pillow for me, Dreamwear Full Face for her). The humidifier never runs out and is easy to clean and fill without spilling etc., perhaps the easiest from what I am reading.

It seems the industry generally cannot easily provide the initial hand-holding and education needed to achieve high long-term compliance.  It took me 4 years to sleep a complete night without taking the mask off, and a nasal pillow was definitely out the of the question because of pressure discomfort.  Could not have done it without help form this site, other sites, and Oscar.

We now have 3 Dreamstations: the replacement Auto CPAP, another Auto CPAP running without foam, as well as a recently purchased zero-hour AutoBipap (still have to learn it).  

Yes, we are all disappointed with how Philips handled the issue, but too bad that our market lost an otherwise, for my household at least, pretty nice machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2024, 05:35 PM)Maxg12 Wrote: Registered for the replacement on Feb 5, 2024 on the Philips Patient Portal.
Received Feb. 24.

Refurbished Dreamstation 1 Auto CPAP, originally manufactured in 2019.

I actually called Philips a few days before receiving it to request the DS1, instead of the DS2, and they said they are only shipping DS2.  Obviously incorrect information.

Have to say I am very happy with the DS1.  With help from sites like this one I have been able to dial in my parameters, and the algorithm responds well to me and my wife, with my AHI consistently around 2-3, with a recent 1.1!  (Nuance nasal pillow for me, Dreamwear Full Face for her). The humidifier never runs out and is easy to clean and fill without spilling etc., perhaps the easiest from what I am reading.

It seems the industry generally cannot easily provide the initial hand-holding and education needed to achieve high long-term compliance.  It took me 4 years to sleep a complete night without taking the mask off, and a nasal pillow was definitely out the of the question because of pressure discomfort.  Could not have done it without help form this site, other sites, and Oscar.

We now have 3 Dreamstations: the replacement Auto CPAP, another Auto CPAP running without foam, as well as a recently purchased zero-hour AutoBipap (still have to learn it).  

Yes, we are all disappointed with how Philips handled the issue, but too bad that our market lost an otherwise, for my household at least, pretty nice machine.

That's very good!  I have a DS1 APAP that they sent out for replacement, plus two others I've remediated myself-and just had an autoBipap DS1 I picked up on fb marketplace arrive yesterday for $175, will sanitize and remove the foam and clean the motor chamber later tonight Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I'm a new member but longtime lurker.

Registered my BiPAP autoSV Adv 60 Srs back in late 2021 but had trouble getting a "Current" prescription as demanded by Philips.  My initial prescription was done by a DME in Seattle in 2016 when I got the System One, and they had since lost the information.  I kept using my System One every time I went to sleep until this February when it finally died-cleaned and checked the machine/filters/tubing/pillows regularly, checked the tubing/pillows before use every time (have been doing this for years since first encounter with a bug in tubing  Wink ).

New DME here in New Mexico helped me to get a current prescription, and then submitted the request for replacement on my behalf on February 26th, 2024.  New system arrived direct from Philips on March 22, 2024, a DreamStation BiPAP autoSV DSX900S11F.

I do have a couple of questions about this new system, and would appreciate your assistance.  I'm not real excited about having to use another Philips machine, and have tried to research the general take on this particular model (DSX900S11F), but am not seeing much of anything about this specific model.  I found three results here on Apnea Board, nothing of real value on Google, and Philips own site doesn't recognize the complete model name on their own search - keeps showing me "HH1487/00" for "DSX900S11", but adding the F to the end shows no results available.  

---- Can anyone provide more details about this system and its age?  Is it a new system, or one that has been refurbished?

---- For those using this model, what's your take on it?  Are you happy with it?  If it's a replacement for you, how does it perform compared to your previous machine?

Thanks for reading my response, and if I should post my questions elsewhere, please let me know.

Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a good system:

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...ion-system

It's likely remediated (white foam)-you can remove the top cover to check to see if it's white (or they can also have a sticker on the bottom of the machine).
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through Q1 2024.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=62085]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 134 20,406 9 hours ago
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 96 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 5,136 04-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 363,105 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,242 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 259 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,507 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.