Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
(12-17-2014, 08:34 PM)Galactus Wrote: Don't get me started, took me 5 phone calls and 6 hours to finally get through to my DME that the PRS1 had a retrofit upgrade kit for this purpose and I did not need a new humidifier. That was after being told "Well why didn't you ask for a climate line in the beginning?" Ummmm how about because I had no &^&^$# idea what a climate line was when you gave me my machine and told me how to use it. Why the hell didn't you tell me to ask for one, or tell me one even existed?? I spent a month freezing my damned nose off and suffering because I didn't know any better, and if not for someone here saying "get a climate line" I'd likely still be trying to figure out how to heat the air in my cold bedroom. And let me tell you I live in a very rural area and the local DME people are the sweetest you can meet, they just don't know any better, you should have heard her "are you sure there is an upgrade kit?" She had to call Phillips and then call me back and apologize because I was right and she had never ordered on in 5+ years she has been there...... sheesh, you got me started.

My DME told me much the same....that no one has ever asked for an upgrade and until I showed her a printout from an online supplier did she believe me. Then I think she was worried I would order online and deceided to order for me. It took several days to convince her, although she doesn't seem to know how it works. Thank goodness for this Forum. Thanks
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
Dont feel bad. My DME until a little over 3 months ago when I went in thought the PRS1 550 was the latest model apap Respironics made. LOL.

Im the first person who ever mentioned a series sixty heated hose and he had no idea that model even existed LOL. Had to have him Google it LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Same drill here. My DME didn't even know that PR even offered a heated hose, much less needed an upgrade kit to do it.

I am also their first ASV user - yaySad
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 08:34 PM)Galactus Wrote: ...... sheesh, you got me started.

Who are you kidding, Galactus. Just seeing a post gets you started. I must say though that I agree with your rant.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2014, 11:51 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(12-17-2014, 08:34 PM)Galactus Wrote: ...... sheesh, you got me started.

Who are you kidding, Galactus. Just seeing a post gets you started. I must say though that I agree with your rant.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Ok, you got me, it's true, I don't need much.

But let's face it, no matter what industry you're in you'd think you would want to know more than your customers. Just simple pride in your job would almost demand that, I think. And yet, here are these guys and we have to tell them? What is really up with that??

/rant (for now)

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare will not pay for the kit, as there is "no code" for it. I can get it for $55 bucks (self-pay), and then get free heated hose replacements every three months. As I do not feel like forcing the DME to get me a new/different machine (I hate change) - I'll just buy the kit myself and call it done. Lord knows I've wasted more than that on masks I can't use...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 01:04 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Medicare will not pay for the kit, as there is "no code" for it. I can get it for $55 bucks (self-pay), and then get free heated hose replacements every three months. As I do not feel like forcing the DME to get me a new/different machine (I hate change) - I'll just buy the kit myself and call it done. Lord knows I've wasted more than that on masks I can't use...

I believe the code you are looking for is;
HCPCS Insurance Code(s): E1399
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 01:15 AM)Galactus Wrote:
(12-19-2014, 01:04 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Medicare will not pay for the kit, as there is "no code" for it. I can get it for $55 bucks (self-pay), and then get free heated hose replacements every three months. As I do not feel like forcing the DME to get me a new/different machine (I hate change) - I'll just buy the kit myself and call it done. Lord knows I've wasted more than that on masks I can't use...

I believe the code you are looking for is;
HCPCS Insurance Code(s): E1399

Will call that in tomorrow and ask - do you have the 'text' that goes with that code?

Post Reply Post Reply
I found it on a DME website and again on the Phillips site, as I can't post the links here I have PM'd them to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Round two begins today - will update as I learn more - thanks G~!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,815 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,009 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 219 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.