Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
PaytonA is asking about the;

al·ti·tude noun \ˈal-tə-ˌtüd also -ˌtyüd\
: the height of something (such as an airplane) above the level of the sea

Just trying to be polite to our foreign friends Whistle
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
(12-16-2014, 05:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am surprised that you have not had snow already. What is the altitude there? I already know the attitude Big Grin. I am inquiring about the number of feet above sea level. Rolleyes

Best Regards,

PaytonA

400 metres above sea level - the hills around the city are 800 metres. Normally they would be white since a month, as would the mountains in the distance (yes, we have a GREAT view of the Alps here) although there would be little snow in the city itself - heat island and all that - but even the ski resorts are having to use artificial snow, even ship it in. We are having the warmest year ever recorded for Switzerland (and maybe one of the wettest, also....) - anyone who denies global warming should just live in Switzerland the past 25 years and see how marked the effects are....
Post Reply Post Reply
It's odd too as they were predicting a record cold winter here as well and so far not too much at all. We've had a few cold nights but nothing like the norm. It's always interesting to hear from others around the world as to their weather issues as well.

I'll tell you one thing though this heated hose kit is a life saver when it's cold, makes the therapy so much easier and better overall. I think Phillips missed the boat by not adding it in as a standard like on the S9. It is well worth the investment in any case.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sort of is a standard, if you buy the heated hose type of humidifier - basically, you get two choices - a 60 watt version without heated hose, or an 80 watt version with heated hose. I suspect that it is a bit of relic of their earlier models that both versions exist at all, instead of only the heated hose version. Expect the next model to be heated hose only....
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 12:07 PM)DocWils Wrote: It sort of is a standard, if you buy the heated hose type of humidifier - basically, you get two choices - a 60 watt version without heated hose, or an 80 watt version with heated hose. I suspect that it is a bit of relic of their earlier models that both versions exist at all, instead of only the heated hose version. Expect the next model to be heated hose only....

What I meant to say is when they went from the 50 to the 60 they obviously thought an integrated climate line would be a good idea. However, instead of implementing it across the board like they did in the S9's H5i, where all you need to do is add a climate line hose as everything is already there, they implemented in almost an afterthought type fashion using a retrofit upgrade kit as well as an additional power supply. Seems it would have been easier, more practical, and available to more patients if they did it as it was done with the S9. Leaving the consumer able to just purchase a climate line rather than having to get a kit and jump through additional hoops.

Post Reply Post Reply
Kit or new humidifier. I suspect they really didn't think of it at first as something that would be in demand. I guess they will see over time before the next version what is what. I also suspect the design teams and the marketing teams don't talk nearly as much to each other as they should over at Philips. Remember, this is an integrated third party company, not part of the Philips in house design team. So I would bet there is still a lot of rough points between Philips and Respironics still. People I know who work at Philips Medical (and I know a LOT of them - heck, how do you think I get my special gear made? For surgical stuff, not my CPAP, I mean) say there is a lot of one hand not knowing what the other does there, because some many companies were bought and just told they were now one big happy family without figuring out how the family can work together. Philips is too big to see the problem of the individual units so quickly, and too monolithic to allow for sideways thinking and sensible "why don't we just do what the competition does" sort of thing....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone, just ordered the heated hose upgrade, can't wait until it comes. My DME never offered the humidifier with the heated hose, and I didn't discover this site at the time I received my CPAP.
My question is simple. Once summer rolls around and I want to go back to using the inheated hose, can I just attach the regular hose or do I have to switch out the cover too. If the regular hose fits on new conversion cover, do I need to switch out the 80 watt plug to 60 , or can I continue to use the 80 watt? My DME told me I can't convert back and just shut humidifier off. That made no sense to me, but the longer I deal with those people, the dumber they seem. Not trying to be mean, but I feel they should be more knowledgeable than I am!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So much bad information it gave me a headache, lol.

The cover change just allows the attachment of the climate line (heated hose), in the summer you can do a few things; You can take off the heated hose and use a standard hose. You could just shut off the heated hose and keep using the hose with standard humidification. You could go into the settings menu and set the unit back to standard humidification and use either hose. All easy, all good for you.

I found out the same way you did after I got the machine six months later that this option was available. All because of bad information, and lack of information on the part of the DME and Docs.

Almost forgot, you do not need to change the cover back.
Forgot to also say you can keep using the 80 watt as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick response. I am learning so much. i have been on CPAP for aprox. 2 months, and if it hadn't been for this forum, I would not have known about Sleepyhead or how to set my own pressure and what to look for on sleepyhead data.

You are right, there is a lot of bad information from the Docs and DME. We should be able to trust them, but the truth is this... Listen to them, then go check it out on your own. My DME also lost My SD Card with the first 30 days compliance. How is that possible??
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't get me started, took me 5 phone calls and 6 hours to finally get through to my DME that the PRS1 had a retrofit upgrade kit for this purpose and I did not need a new humidifier. That was after being told "Well why didn't you ask for a climate line in the beginning?" Ummmm how about because I had no &^&^$# idea what a climate line was when you gave me my machine and told me how to use it. Why the hell didn't you tell me to ask for one, or tell me one even existed?? I spent a month freezing my damned nose off and suffering because I didn't know any better, and if not for someone here saying "get a climate line" I'd likely still be trying to figure out how to heat the air in my cold bedroom. And let me tell you I live in a very rural area and the local DME people are the sweetest you can meet, they just don't know any better, you should have heard her "are you sure there is an upgrade kit?" She had to call Phillips and then call me back and apologize because I was right and she had never ordered on in 5+ years she has been there...... sheesh, you got me started.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,847 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,064 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,236 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.