Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
My heated hose kit arrived today. Easy to set up, it only took me 5 minutes to switch the lid, hose and power supply. Not sure what setting to use, so I will start at 2. Will update after using, but I hope it makes a difference.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
Just an update...The heated hose has made a difference. I started out setting the humidity at 2 and the heated hose at 3, the only thing I notice is that the hose doesn't feel warm. Not sure if it is supposed to, but the air pressure is no longer cold, so I assume it is doing what it is supposed to.
I have been on CPAP now for aprox. 60 days. AHI readings have been as low as .5 to 2.5. This could be just a coincidence, but the 2 nights I used the heated hose, my AHI has gone up to 4. I know this is still under 5, but was wondering if changes could affect the AHI reading.
Also, is there an ideal ratio that makes up the AHI total? Just wondering. Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many times when I make changes, my AHI will change temporarily (sometimes up and other times down). It will settle down after a while.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note as to the hose, it doesn't get hot, or even seem to feel warm. But yes the air seems to get hot anyway, and it feels better and warmer.

I agree with PaytonA on the changes too, sometimes changing things riles stuff up for a few days.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 12:20 PM)Galactus Wrote: I found it on a DME website and again on the Phillips site, as I can't post the links here I have PM'd them to you.

Hi Galactus,

We can post direct links to websites of equipment manufacturers like Philips Respironics (for informational purposes) but not to websites of sellers (for commercial purposes).
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
To respond-late to several pints.
Yes you can use the heated hose year round. In 4 years I have used a non heated hose for a total of about a half hour.
You can swap the heated and non heated hose anytime you like. The xPAP machines sense the heated hose presence or absence and adjust the settings as necessary.
The 80 watt power supply works fine with either hose, but not the 60 watt.
We all know that if it is midnight and DME or Doc tells you it is dark outside you need to go out and check for yourself.
And we know it doesn't take much to get several of us going.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2014, 03:40 PM)roe1549 Wrote: Just an update...The heated hose has made a difference. I started out setting the humidity at 2 and the heated hose at 3, the only thing I notice is that the hose doesn't feel warm. Not sure if it is supposed to, but the air pressure is no longer cold, so I assume it is doing what it is supposed to.
I have been on CPAP now for aprox. 60 days. AHI readings have been as low as .5 to 2.5. This could be just a coincidence, but the 2 nights I used the heated hose, my AHI has gone up to 4. I know this is still under 5, but was wondering if changes could affect the AHI reading.
Also, is there an ideal ratio that makes up the AHI total? Just wondering. Thanks!

Just a thought but the heated hose for the PRS1 is a 15 mm hose. Not the standard 22mm of the non heated regular cpap hose.

You need to go into clincial settings and change the hose setting from 22 mm to 15mm or at least check that it changed the hose mm itself. Mine does when the heated hose is plugged in but not sure all models do.

Otherwise your machine is pushing air thru a narrower hose with more backpressure and doesnt know it. So while its reading the same pressure your not getting as much pressure at the mask.

You may have already done this but if not you need too. Otherwise its like lowering your actual delivered mask pressure. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
The three machines here all know the correct hose size just as soon as you plug it in, it even locks out the hose choice, and it says that in the setup manual (of course that doesn't make it so, just saying).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2014, 01:04 AM)Galactus Wrote: The three machines here all know the correct hose size just as soon as you plug it in, it even locks out the hose choice, and it says that in the setup manual (of course that doesn't make it so, just saying).

Yep that is what mine does also. But wasnt sure if all models did auto set the hose setting or not. I know if you go slimline hose but non heated you have to manually set it because nothing plugs in.

Im obsessive about this stuff lol so I double check everything.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2014, 01:13 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(12-27-2014, 01:04 AM)Galactus Wrote: The three machines here all know the correct hose size just as soon as you plug it in, it even locks out the hose choice, and it says that in the setup manual (of course that doesn't make it so, just saying).

Yep that is what mine does also. But wasnt sure if all models did auto set the hose setting or not. I know if you go slimline hose but non heated you have to manually set it because nothing plugs in.

Im obsessive about this stuff lol so I double check everything.Oh-jeez

Yes, I agree double and triple check it indeed. I always do so myself.

It seems that as soon as the electric connection hooks up it knows and does all the rest automatically. It's amazing, they did something right after all, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,840 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,176 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.