Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics System One
RE: Philips Respironics System One
(02-13-2013, 03:05 AM)wilorg Wrote: You just sent me scrambling to see what machine I have - RemStar Auto A-Flex....

That's a good machine. One other advantage that PRS1 machines have over ResMed machines is that they store all the data forever. You don't have to worry about the data being erased if you don't download it every week.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2013, 09:15 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(02-13-2013, 03:05 AM)wilorg Wrote: You just sent me scrambling to see what machine I have - RemStar Auto A-Flex....

That's a good machine. One other advantage that PRS1 machines have over ResMed machines is that they store all the data forever. You don't have to worry about the data being erased if you don't download it every week.

But the REMstar SE was a disappointment. Did anyone ever figure how to change the pressure on that thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
No idea about the SE, but I have been known to fiddle with the Auto one a lot - still, my sleep doc's original recommendations, including not using a-flex, seem the best for me. But I HAD to try....
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2013, 07:29 PM)cam Wrote: Thanks but I don't see my machine anywhere on any of these links. Mine is a REMSTAR SE.
It'a all black with 4 soft pad buttons on the front, the first is RAMP, the second and third are L/R ARROWS, and the forth is ON/OFF.
It has a 3 or 4 inch diameter LED display above the buttons.
Can't seem to find it anywhere. The humidifier portion looks the same as the links but no heated hose.

We haven't been able to get much info on that one, but all indications are bad on that machine. We haven't been able to find the setup manual or instructions. It's apparently just as bad as the PLUS, the previous bottom of the heap, with no data collection except hours used.

Is the display just a two digit figure 8 display like a digital clock?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2013, 07:39 PM)archangle Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 07:29 PM)cam Wrote: Thanks but I don't see my machine anywhere on any of these links. Mine is a REMSTAR SE.
It'a all black with 4 soft pad buttons on the front, the first is RAMP, the second and third are L/R ARROWS, and the forth is ON/OFF.
Can't seem to find it anywhere. The humidifier portion looks the same as the links but no heated hose.

We haven't been able to get much info on that one, but all indications are bad on that machine. We haven't been able to find the setup manual or instructions. It's apparently just as bad as the PLUS, the previous bottom of the heap, with no data collection except hours used.

Nope. I called Philips and they said they have just introduced this model. It does everything the other machine does except touch pad control instead of dial.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phillips Respioncis site does not show the SE model
I have posted a couple of links to the user guide (not clinical manual)
sometime ago but one of them does not work anymore

here is the good one, should work for now
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....IntEng.pdf

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...IntEng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2013, 08:41 PM)cam Wrote: Nope. I called Philips and they said they have just introduced this model. It does everything the other machine does except touch pad control instead of dial.

"Nope" to what?

Does it have a 7-segment figure 8 display or a display that can show text?

One thing we have found out about the REMstar SE is that it's definitely a brick. No AHI or leak data, just the times you turn it on and off. It's apparently a reduced function version of the REMstar Plus machine.

i.e. "It does everything the PLUS machine does." I strongly recommend that you get at least a PRS1 Pro machine so you or your doctor can see how your therapy is working.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...IntEng.pdf
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2013, 10:57 PM)archangle Wrote: I strongly recommend that you get at least a PRS1 Pro machine so you or your doctor can see how your therapy is working.

Hi cam,

Ask for a good Auto machine like the Philips Respironics PRS1 Auto.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2013, 07:39 PM)archangle Wrote:

LED vs. LCD yes it's apparently LED as you say, like a digital clock. What I believe now, which I didn't at the time, is that perhaps it can be modified somewhat using SleepyHead but I never tried at the time. When I contacted Philips they said they'd send a manual, they just had to know what medical firm I was with. LOL dead end.
At least the S9 Escape isn't that bad. Just bad enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2013, 10:19 PM)Ugly Wrote: LED vs. LCD yes it's apparently LED as you say, like a digital clock. What I believe now, which I didn't at the time, is that perhaps it can be modified somewhat using SleepyHead but I never tried at the time. When I contacted Philips they said they'd send a manual, they just had to know what medical firm I was with. LOL dead end.

SleepyHead doesn't allow you to change anything on the machine. It's "look only," not "touch" in terms of machine operation.

As best as I can tell, the REMstar SE will not be upgradable in terms of data. No AHI, no airflow, no leak data.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,847 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,065 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,244 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.