Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics machine end of life
Philips Respironics machine end of life
According to Supplier #1 the PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex is no longer available. All they sell now is the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine. I didn't check other suppliers and, of course, there will be used machines for a long time to come.

As far as I can tell the only improvement is the heated hose on the 60 series, although there are probably also refinements to the software algorithm. I suppose the heated hose is in response to competition from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics machine end of life
Anyone find out if SleepyHead support the PRS60
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2012, 03:22 PM)zonk Wrote: Anyone find out if SleepyHead support the PRS60

It does not, but Mark Watkins (JediMark) has it on his roadmap, and I understand a lot of the work has already been done.

Mark does take contributions, and I recently sent him US$50 with a thank you note.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm...
Unsure
I _JUST_ got that very machine TODAY!? (REMstar Audo A-Flex)
Post Reply Post Reply
I think a lot of suppliers still have them in stock, but I did notice a few weeks ago that Supplier #1 listed it as no longer available. This might be a good time to start looking for deals on them!

I would like to have one, if I could get it for a good price. Don't need the humidifier or anything else, just the APAP itself.

Did you get a response from Mark to your thank you note?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2012, 07:50 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I think a lot of suppliers still have them in stock, but I did notice a few weeks ago that Supplier #1 listed it as no longer available. This might be a good time to start looking for deals on them!
I would like to have one, if I could get it for a good price. Don't need the humidifier or anything else, just the APAP itself.

Supplier #2 has them for $399 with low hours, including humidifier. If you ask you can make sure they send you one with firmware 2.51. I considered it, but then I found one on the local Craigslist for $300, including a couple of masks. Too bad eBay won't allow them. Sad

(06-18-2012, 07:50 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Did you get a response from Mark to your thank you note?

No, but I didn't expect one. I'd rather he spent his time on getting SleepyHead to read data from the new 60 Series and from the Icon machines. Those are pressing needs. I do encourage everyone who can afford it to send him something. Nothing says "thank you" like cash. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,845 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,204 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.