Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics recall
Philips Respironics recall
I didn't see a thread about this so please forgive me if there's already one out there.

Am I correct in assuming that if one uses their machine with a filter that would catch the particles but as far as the chemicals that are possibly being released a person can either not use their machine OR breathe the harmful chemicals?

I've seen no evidence of particles but obviously I'm concerned about the chemicals.

I'm a newbie so I can't post the link so I have to do it this way.  The following is from the FDA dot gov website and the article is titled:

Certain Philips Respironics Ventilators, BiPAP and CPAP Machines Recalled Due to Potential Health Risks: FDA Safety Communication

Potential Health Risk
Polyester-based polyurethane (PE-PUR) is a sound abatement foam used to reduce sound and vibration in these devices and other medical equipment. The PE-PUR foam in the affected Philips Respironics CPAP, BiPAP, and ventilator devices may:
  • Break down (degrade) into particles which may enter the device’s air pathway and be inhaled or swallowed by the user
  • Release certain chemicals into the device’s air pathway, which may be inhaled

TIA

Potential Health Risk
Polyester-based polyurethane (PE-PUR) is a sound abatement foam used to reduce sound and vibration in these devices and other medical equipment. The PE-PUR foam in the affected Philips Respironics CPAP, BiPAP, and ventilator devices may:
  • Break down (degrade) into particles which may enter the device’s air pathway and be inhaled or swallowed by the user
  • Release certain chemicals into the device’s air pathway, which may be inhaled

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics recall
There is a very large ongoing thread concerning the Phillips recall.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-ONE-USERS
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bottom line, don't use the machine without talking to your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,849 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,270 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.