Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ears [Hurting, solution?]
Ears [Hurting, solution?]
I been getting good numbers  and have  been using cpap regularly  witout any troubles removing mask . But the last 3 days my left ear has been hurting. The eustation tube I think is swollen for some reason. Trying decongestants tonite.  My sinuses have never been so clear in decades. Last nite was the first time I ever unhooked. I tried turning pressure  down by 1. Numbers are still good but still ear pain. 
 Suggestions would be helpful
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ears
(09-06-2017, 07:42 AM)Gary1of2 Wrote: I been getting good numbers  and have  been using cpap regularly  witout any troubles removing mask . But the last 3 days my left ear has been hurting. The eustation tube I think is swollen for some reason. Trying decongestants tonite.  My sinuses have never been so clear in decades. Last nite was the first time I ever unhooked. I tried turning pressure  down by 1. Numbers are still good but still ear pain. 
 Suggestions would be helpful

Could it be pressure from the mask?

E.g. If the headgear puts pressure on your jaw (pretty much anywhere along it), you could be setting yourself up for jaw clenching. This frequently shows up behind the ear. Your jaw joint and immediate vicinity is right there.

This is not medical advice...You could try a warm compress on that area to see if the pain dissipates. If it lets up, this could narrow down the sources.

Your sinuses may also be in that area...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ears
I am pretty sure is pressure. I can pop my yoh like I do when diving and when i do that the painstarts to suside.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ears [Hurting, solution?]
I had what sounds like the same problem. I tried various pressures, with no relief. For me, the relief came when I experimented with my exhale relief. My sweet spot is EPR 1 (so the pressure change is very slight, from inhale to exhale).

I believe the constant wide-swing of pressure was causing fatigue on my ear drums (or tubes, or whatever). By keeping the pressure change very small, I now have no pain or popping in my ears.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 196 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 295 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,557 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 959 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 12 11,741 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Thomas S
  Pressure in ears corgan115 3 509 04-03-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  Jolting awake with sharp inhale, a solution McPhearson99 0 589 04-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: McPhearson99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.