Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics vs. Resmed airsense10 in analyzing rera's
RE: Philips Respironics vs. Resmed airsense10 in analyzing rera's
I 'm not very good with computers, but I will try posting. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
In my sleep study, my sleep disturbances were mainly all RERAs.

I used a DreamStation Auto for 6 months, and switched to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset about a month ago. My number of RERAs has significantly reduced, upon switching machines. I'm left wondering if the ResMed does a better job of treating RERAs, or if it measures them differently.

So I don't know the answer to your question. But there's my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
A good thread and some good answers. I am also trying to lower my RERAs though they are nowhere near as bad as the OP's. Settings are:

Min EPAP 10.5
Max EPAP 20.0
Min IPAP 13.0
Max IPAP 20.0
PS Min 2.5
PS Max 5.0

I'm running on variable PS mode and BiFlex is set to 1

Up until last night I've had some quite good results with RERAs normally recording no more than 13 per night and running between 0.5 and 1.8 which I've been told is OK. Last night I changed from the S to M set of gel pillows for my Dreamwear. RERA ballooned out to 6.6 or 52 events. Just changing the size of a nasal pillow made for a big increase in events, or so it seems. I'll go back to the Small and up my EPAP min to 11.0 and see what happens. With BiPAP there seems to be so many variables to take into account so it might take some time to finally get things right.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,990 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,751 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,223 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,867 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,902 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 237 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 232 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.