Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue
Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue
I've been using my dreamwhisp and it's great. Great numbers. Best I've felt in a year. But it cuts in under my nose which is not comfy. I have solved this by putting padded plaster under my nose which is a pain, but whatever. I also tape my mouth. 

Settings
Pressure 9.5
Cflex+ 3

I hired a resmed n20 to see if it would fit better. It does. But when I use with the same settings as above. It's as if I can't get enough air into my lungs. It's quite distressing. It makes me a bit dizzy and my ears pop. So I've been playing around. I've increased the pressure in increments of 0.5 up to 11. I've also played with the cflex+ settings. Cflex+ 1 feels a bit better, but I still can't get enough volume of air. 

Is there anything I'm missing? 
TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue
Anyone? Anyone? 

"Voodoo economics" (Ferris Bueller gag) 

Seriously tho. Love a few tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry you didn't receive a reply.

I don't use nasal masks, so unable to help. Finding a mask is very individual, fit and feel is going to be different for everyone.

I will suggest, however that you not use Flex 3 as it seems to cause discomfort for some.
Experiment with Flex 1 or 2 to see which feels better.
Flex is a comfort feature and will drop up to 2cm on exhale, regardless of the setting. It is based on flow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 05:44 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Sorry you didn't receive a reply.  

I don't use nasal masks, so unable to help.  Finding a mask is very individual, fit and feel is going to be different for everyone.  

I will suggest, however that you not use Flex 3 as it seems to cause discomfort for some.  
Experiment with Flex 1 or 2 to see which feels better.
Flex is a comfort feature and will drop up to 2cm on exhale, regardless of the setting.  It is based on flow.

Yeah will give that a shot. The dreamwhisp seems to give a really nice steady flow of air. The resmed seems like I'm not getting enough air. 

If anyone has any tips! Send em in!
Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot compare your masks as I've used neither. When feeling air starved you try a higher min pressure setting. For me I need a pressure of 10+ min to begin to feel comfortable. Currently my IPAP/pressure is 14-15. This is one reason we usually say try a larger pillow size for a pillow mask such as the P10 that I use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,922 1 hour ago
Last Post: btreger
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 309 1 hour ago
Last Post: pamm777
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,311 2 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,938 6 hours ago
Last Post: DaveL
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,213 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 434 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 990 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.