Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips foam issue - Sensors might be inaccurate ??
Philips foam issue - Sensors might be inaccurate ??
So I'm layin' there this morning wondering why the Resmed that Im using now seems so much quieter, my numbers are better, and I dont feel like I have as much pressure in the mask compared to the DS (I typically use around 16 in cpap mode).

Could my DS circuit board sensors be coated in PE-PUR deposits and was giving questionable therapy ?
To be clear, Im not talking a "night and day" difference, but it sure seems noticeable. 

There's a handful of sensors monitoring very delicate differences in pressure to detect events and adjust flow/pressure.
Users have found oily/sticky/particulates in airboxes,   and thats where the sensors reside.

So, perhaps just removing the foam isn't a 100% solution to get a machine back to "new condition" ??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips foam issue - Sensors might be inaccurate ??
I've used both, and got rid of the DS. I too found the ResMed to be much quieter. Breathing also seemed much more natural w/ the ResMed. I've been told the 2 companies have different algorithms and also the way they handle pressure support/relief (PS/EPR on ResMed, Flex on DW) is very different.

The DW always seemed to be forcing air down my throat whereas the ResMed seems to be a more natural airflow. I would not have stayed with therapy if the DW was the only option. But I am probably more sensitive (and a very light sleeper) than most.

I gave my backup ResMed (Autoset) to a friend who had been on DW and told to stop due to the recall. She says she is sleeping soooo much better on the ResMed.

As for the foam and sensors .... I have no idea.

s.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 15 455 3 minutes ago
Last Post: cps22
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,969 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 330 Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,572 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,220 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,858 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 202 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.