Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips or Resmed?
RE: Philips or Resmed?
Hi Sotakethepressuredown,

I was in the same situation as you, looking at ~$2,500 for a new machine here in Sydney.

I managed to get a brand new AirSense Autoset from the States landed here for less than AU$1,000. Including shipping and currency conversion. There are options out there, but mine wasn't obtained on this forum so can't give you links here sorry.

The US machines won't have the ability to connect to MyAir or ResMed's servers as the modem is CDMA for the US and GSM for us here. Warranty and servicing is also another issue, but I was happy to take the gamble on that considering the huge saving on the price.

Another option possibly worth looking at is Gumtree. Similar to Craigslist which the Americans refer to. I have seen a few newish machines listed on there at a fairly discounted price.

Good luck.

OMMOHY, a Holden is Australia's own car. A subsidiary of General Motors. Your current model Chevrolet SS is actually a Holden Commodore built here in Aus.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah Holden always gets the good stuff first... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Answer: ResMed
Reason: Detailed list of efficacy data display on the LCD sleep report including unintentional leak reporting

Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet or AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
For Her is better investment as it does an extra mode and report RERAs on all modes

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 04:52 PM)308hjute Wrote: I managed to get a brand new AirSense Autoset from the States landed here for less than AU$1,000. Including shipping and currency conversion. There are options out there, but mine wasn't obtained on this forum so can't give you links here sorry

What was the price in US $$$ and which supplier? cannot find one that cheap
Coffee

Suppliers #2 and #10 ship to OZ
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 08:52 PM)zonk Wrote: Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet or AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
For Her is better investment as it does an extra mode and report RERAs on all modes

The Repironics 560 do this too?

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 09:11 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 08:52 PM)zonk Wrote: Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet or AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her

The Repironics 560 do this too?

OMMOHY
Yes ... but the quote is incomplete

The 560 does not have the clarity data display on the LCD sleep report or unintentional leak reporting

Edit: "AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her" does regular AutoSet mode and AutoSet for Her mode, female specific algorthim that might be useful to the fellas as well

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 sells new factory sealed ResMed S9 AutoSet machines with humidifier for US$699. (OZ$915) That's with a slimline hose so you'd want to pay a bit more to get a ClimateLine heated hose. An A10 AutoSet with ClimateLine is US$875.00. I own both machines. They're functionally identical. The S9 doesn't have a cellular modem and the combination of the unit and the humidifier are slightly larger to travel with. You'd have to email them and ask about shipping. You can't be the first person to ship to Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 09:09 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 04:52 PM)308hjute Wrote: I managed to get a brand new AirSense Autoset from the States landed here for less than AU$1,000. Including shipping and currency conversion. There are options out there, but mine wasn't obtained on this forum so can't give you links here sorry

Coffee

Not a listed supplier unfortunately. Private buy from elsewhere. Bigwink Machine was US$650, plus $70 odd shipping. With conversion rates it came in at just under $900 landed. Included bag, slimline hose, humidifier chamber etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 09:51 PM)308hjute Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 09:09 PM)zonk Wrote:

Coffee

Not a listed supplier unfortunately. Private buy from elsewhere. Bigwink Machine was US$650, plus $70 odd shipping. With conversion rates it came in at just under $900 landed. Included bag, slimline hose, humidifier chamber etc.

Was that STL Mark on that other forum that shall not be named? You never know, what might come up in an internet search when combined with the word CPAP. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no clear winner. For every advantage of Brand A, I can name one for Brand B.

I like ResMed a little better, but wouldn't argue too much with someone who prefers PR.

ResMed throws away total leak data and only reports its estimated unintentional leak data. You can't detect a clogged or blocked mask vent. ResMed requires you to use their overpriced external DC-DC power supply to run off of DC.

ResMed has a much better central apnea detection algorithm. All ResMed S9 and A10 machines support a heated hose, for PR, you need the special humidifier and a different power supply.

ResMed machines simply feel better to me. The PR machines are a little "jerky" in terms of pressure control.

There are lots of minor peccadilloes about various models, such as the degree of "tweakability" in the ASV machines.

S9 machines kept only 7 days of full data and would freak out if you wrote something else to the SD card, but the A10 machines seem to have fixed these problems.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,204 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,862 7 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 316 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,809 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,067 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 225 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 753 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.