Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1
Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1
This thread is about transitioning from a Philips REMstar Auto (System One 60 Series) ("Sys1") CPAP to the replacement DreamStation 1 that I just got from Phillips under the recall process.  I am hoping that an OSCAR member who has successfully transitioned from an older CPAP (mine was 10 years old) to a DreamStation 1 will find this thread and can explain what needs to be done to cause OSCAR to access and integrate the new data from the DS1 with my older data, and explain how that should appear on the SD card so I can sort out what is wrong with my SD card with Philips customer support.

I received the replacement on 3/17/23 (registered in June 2021).  Instructions seem to say that I should use the same SD card in the replacement DS1.  

The DS1 apparently can use a WiFi modem for direct connection to DreamMapper, but a modem was not included with my DS1.

So I instead linked my DS1 by Bluetooth to my IOS device, which is then connected to my home Wifi and the internet.  That seems to be working (when my iPad is within Bluetooth range of the DS1).  

The immediate problem is that after one day of successful use of the DS1, on the second morning the DreamMapper uploader says the SD card is "corrupt" and the DS1 says the SD card is "full".  For the first day of use (3/17), I had been able to upload the usage data to DreamMapper somehow, and the online DreamMapper account showed data for that day.  For the second day (3/18), it appears to have uploaded to DreamMapper automatically via the Bluetooth connection, and so it now shows 2 days use.  But I don't think this data is getting onto my SD card.

Using my Window's 11 PC and an attached SD card reader, I see (in properties) that my SD card has only 6.1 MB of data on it and 3.2 GB of free space.  On my PC, when I loaded the SD disk reader, I got an initial report of a SD disk error, clicked on "repair", which then was reported to have been successful.  So it seems that the card is presently neither corrupted nor full.

When I try to upload the CPAP data from my SD to OSCAR, OSCAR it is not uploading any data for the 2 day period of DS1 use.  It just continues to show the data for my Sys1 use before the transition on 3/17.  My guess is that it is not recognizing or reading any data generated by the DS1 for 3/17 or 3/18 (if that data actually got onto the SD card at all).  See below re the contents of the card, as changed after that use.)

All my old data is still on the original SD card that came with my Sys1 in 2012.  Before trying to transition to the DS1, I copied the entire SD card contents to an external hard drive folder as a back-up.  That disk copy contained a folder titled "P Series", and in that folder, there was a subfolder titled with the serial number of the Sys1 I had, plus a file titled "Last.txt", which contained my Sys1 serial number (apparently created the last time I uploaded the SD disk to DreamMapper on 3/5).  

After using the DS1 for two days, I copied the updated SD disk to another folder on 3/19 for comparison to the pre-transition 3/17 copy.  The changes were that a new file was added under the "P Series" folder that had a name consisting of 7 digits, which is part of the serial number of my new DS1.  I can't tell what is in that file, but it was created on 3/18 at 1:19 AM.  If the time stamp on that file is correct, it was created when I started the first night's use of the DS1.  The other file is a new "Last.txt" file (replacing the earlier Last.txt file dated 3/5).  The new Last.txt file now includes the same 7-digit number that is part of the serial number for the new DS1, rather than the serial number of replaced Sys1.   

There might be some data on the SD card that is not visible in the directory - I noticed that the "properties" profile for the "P Series" folder on the SD card shows the "size on disk" to be 612 MB, but "size" is 302 MB. while the copies I made to my PC contained only 314 MB of data.  There might be something hidden that cannot be accessed or copied even though hidden folders are to be shown in the "view" of the folder structure, but this could just be an artifact of having so many small files for daily records that under FAT32 take up more space on the disk than necessary. 

As noted, the single top level folder on the SD card is titled "P Series", and it has a subfolder with my serial number for the old Sys1.  There is no new top level folder with the serial number for new DS1.

The Basic Setup instructions provided by Philips said to insert the SD card into the new DS1, and then plug in the DS1 - and then "wait five minutes to allow the device settings to upload".  I did see a message flash on the DS1 screen to wait five minutes, but then I inadvertently touched the top button on the DS1 which started the CPAP.  I could not tell if the mentioned upload process had completed properly.  So I logged into DreamMapper on my PC and entered the new DS1 data as a "secondary device".  Maybe I should have deleted the Sys1 primary device and just added the DS1 was a primary device?  But I didn't want to lose all the data for my prior use (which, even so, apparently is not carried in DreamMapper anymore - since DreamMapper is not accessing access any of the Sys1 data in computing its new use statistics).  I will check with Philips customer support tomorrow.

Maybe there are important questions I don't know to ask, but questions that occur to me are:

1.  How can I get the usage DS1 data from my DS1 onto my existing SD card?
2.  Can the DS1 "CPAP importer" on OSCAR access data on an SD card that includes 2 different CPAPs?
3.  How do I edit my Profile on OSCAR to add a new CPAP device, and should I delete the reference to the old CPAP?  
 from my DS1 in my profile?
4.  Do I need to have a SD card for a DS1 if the DS1 uploads by Bluetooth to DreamMapper (as seems to be the case)?
4.  If I am right that I would not need to use a SD card for DreamMapper uploading (because it can be done by Bluetooth/Wifi) is there a better way to import my usage data from a DS1 to OSCAR without using an SD card through my PC?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1
I used Oscar software to upload the data from my old Phillips CPAP similar to yours and then I used Oscar to back up the profile data. After that, I formatted the old SD card (FAT32) and put it back in the new DreamStation 2 Auto Advanced that I received as a replacement from the recall. The New DreamStation Advanced accepted the card and that was all it took. I set the DreamStation Advanced to AirPlane mode because I don't trust that Phillips might try to perform and Over the Air update of the firmware and encrypt the data rendering Oscar unable to read the SD. My DreamStation is my secondary CPAP so I don't worry about it to much.

Both the DreamStation and the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto will handle up to a 32GB SD card. If my math is close, 32GB will hold about 20 years' worth of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1
To answer your first question, I'd suggest taking it out of the DS1, and visually checking that the locking slider on the SD card is in the unlocked position. My SD card doesn't indicate which way is unlocked. But I learned it needs to be closest to the end that you insert to be unlocked.

-"Aces"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 96 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 268 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 680 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,254 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,252 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,600 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.