Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips system one and heated tubing?
Philips system one and heated tubing?
Hi there! First time posting, hope I do this right.

I’m trying to go back to using my old Philips machine (explanation below) and I’m trying to figure out my options for heated tubing. The machine is a Philips Respironics System One Remstar Auto, Dom (560P model). 

I see that you can purchase special lids for the humidifier chamber that connect to a heated tube. However, before spending the money on a new lid and heated tubing I want to make sure that my model has the software to adjust the temperature for said tubing. At the moment, I cannot find any options in the software that allow you to select heated tubing or adjust its temperature. Will these options just appear in the system once a heated tube is connected? Or does my model not have the capacity for heated tubing? 

Thanks for any help!

{here’s the explanation for why I’m going back} 

I’m fully aware of the recalls and very hesitant to use my old Philips machine because of the carcinogen risk (and at the moment the lack of heated tubing). But I’m at the end of my rope and don’t know what else to do. 

I used this machine successfully (except for temperature issues) for many years before it started to get old and my insurance replaced it with a Resmed Airsense 10 in 2020. We’ve spent two and a half years adjusting the settings every way possible (pressure settings, EPR, cpap/apap switch, etc) and I am still having serious issues with the new machine. 

While myAir says I’m having few events and everything is fine, subjectively I am waking up frequently during the night (and while falling asleep) in connection with stopped breathing. I’m concerned it may be central apnea and have advocated for an attended sleep study. 

But in the mean time I am severely severely sleep deprived and need to try something to keep me functional. A few times in the past couple years I have reverted to the old machine and found it worked MUCH better at registering and responding to my apneas. But the lack of heated tubing causes other issues, hence trying to find out whether I have an option for heated tubing with the old machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips system one and heated tubing?
I see two possibilities:
1) The Clinicians' Manual for your machine should tell you if adding the new lid and hose will make the menu choices appear. You can get the manual by Clicking on CPAP Setup Manuals in the black bar at the top of the page
2) I you have a computer - Windows, Mac, Linux, recent Chromebook - an SD card for the ResMed, and an SD card reader, you could download and install OSCAR (black bar, top of page). Then collect a couple of nights of usage data, take a screenshot and attach it to a post here so more experienced users here can help you get better results with the ResMed, or point you in a new direction.

BTW, OSCAR will read and display the data from your System One, as well.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 60-series added support for the heated tube. The menu won’t show anything until the heated tube is connected.

So a 550P wouldn’t support it, but your 560P should.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you SO much this is super helpful!!

Thank you very much! I’ve never fully understood what data Oscar offers that the myAir doesn’t, I’ll have to research it more and check out whether it’s worth the trouble for me for what’s going on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,219 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,921 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,814 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.