Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips system one noisy
For a year my pr system one has been fine. Just the sound of air hissing in and out. Lately, my machine has started a low tone hum on exhale and my wife who has better hearing than I do says she hears a high pitched whine also, (plus the lower pitched whine I'm getting from her because of the new noises) I took my machine to the tech at the VA and he says the machine is functioning properly and that this noise is common for the System one.( I haven't changed anything adjustable from 9 to 14 and humidity setting 2) Is that so? And even if it is, is there anything I can do to cut down on the noise or eliminate it? I already have the machine on a noise reduction pad and under the bed. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my machine for 2 years and sometimes notice a very "slight" winey sound, but it's not enough to really bother me.

I have other "white noise" going on in my bedroom to mask any sound from the machine. I'm either running a fan or room humidifier.

You may want to make sure the humidifier is seated properly and that the seals don't look worn.

Also, change the filters frequently, especially if machine is under a bed where all the dust bunnies seem to gather. Smile.
I wash my black foam filter monthly, and change out the white fine filter also.

Post Reply Post Reply
My System One BiPAP never developed this problem. But hubby's System One APAP does. The only big difference that I can tell that might be related to his machine's noise problem is that he frequently wakes up to find the filters (both the white paper one and the black foam one) blown off the back of the machine, and that never happened to my BiPAP.

You might want to check to make sure the filter is firmly inserted when you or your wife is noticing the noise.
Questions about SleepyHead?
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] System One ldanielle01 23 421 03-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need advise. My current CPAP and/or mask is too noisy. Sterling147 10 379 03-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 17 8,594 02-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: MARKOAD
  Help with respironics system one Philipg33 11 414 02-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  [Equipment] Resmed a 10 noisy/whines??? mpedersen 10 3,564 02-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nanbar
  ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A replacement for Respironics System One biPap AVAPS OldPolioLady 2 188 02-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Gross [CPAP] Respironics REMStar System One Series 60 Repair lempface 6 370 02-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: cate1898