Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips DreamStation Recall - Informed I will not get one
Phillips DreamStation Recall - Informed I will not get one
Hello the forum, 

My Dreamstation is now over 5 years old. It's old and worn out. I filed for the recall replacement way back. 
Recently called Medicare, they said I am eligible to get a new machine. Auto BiPap. Went to see my sleep doctor 
yesterday. They set up a sleep lab overnight for titration and proof I need it for medicare.

Then he informed me that he (a sleep doctor) is hearing many reports from other sleep doctors that
Phillips is not shipping to their customers because their cpaps (...) are NOW over 5 years old. So, he said Phillips 
is not going to ship me a replacement apnea machine. Even though filed with Phillips way back when
my machine was 4 years old, it's now over 5 years !! They are just letting these machines expire and they will
not be replaced !!   Huhsign

Well, Phillips has not said that to me, but this is not some casual rumor either.

Anybody else hearing this, or experiencing this problem.   Oh-jeez

Thanks for any responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips DreamStation Recall - Informed I will not get one
You can call Philips and see if you are on the list for replacement machines.  Ask too if yours will be delivered soon.  Here is their special phone number:   Support line 877-907-7508
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice from Deborah K.  I started using my DS1 2/23/2016; registered online for the recall on 6/18/2021 (when it was 5 years old); received a DS2 directly from Philips on 8/27/2022.  So, apparently Philips is not denying replacements for machines over 5 years old.  Maybe there's a problem with the serial number.  Are you sure you're registered?  What does it say when you log in to the website at https://www.philipspatientportal.expertinquiry.com/
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the 'sleep doc' that said this somehow affiliated with the DME that he recommends or you may be using? Seems I've read in a few posts here or elsewhere that some medical facilities/practices and DME's in CA may operate under the same corporate structure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brasscat, a while since I been on OSCAR, as the Resmed AirSense very user friendly, just 1 touch/Dial to understand Type/Event/AHI. Just checking in on scan re Philips RECALL's, and had query if you also received your replaced Phillips machine? I had Phillips one system 60, a Buy from Aug 2016, I was never happy with Phillips machine,re AHI didn't preform & reports ? While my machine was still in very good condition, was going on 4yrs old, but had concern getting re the often double figure AHI No's etc. So at my expense, done early replacement with AirSense 10, While initially intended to then just holding onto one system 60, spare for backup & use travelling etc. Then also same time coincided re Phillips *FOAMGATE RECALL*.

Then surprise, surprise, 1st week August 2022,I opening house front door, glanced down at feet, and What the ?a cardboard Box, Brand New Dreamstation. Hm so WOW how good is that "initially?"

Now I intend store away Phillips machine, keep s EVIDENCE incase, the worst happens down the tracks identifies delayed related issues? due to the foam?
Post Reply Post Reply
What I have heard from my DME is that now there is an extra step involved for people who have older P series machines. You need to go to Philips website and check your replacement status. Then on this page you need to type in S/N, then on next page Last Name, Zip, and Phone, after that you need to select if you want a replacement or cash back for your old machine (if you do not pick a option Philips will not take any action to replace your machine) or call 877-907-7508 (same number that was posted before).
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband had his replaced directly from Philips. It is a brand new bilevel machine. Like others have said, his just appeared on the front porch one day.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
The same here opening front door to go outside and surprise surprise a Carton sitting at foot of front door, Carbord box ? hm was a New Dreamstation "August 2022" Now what to do with it as have already immediately replaced the Phillips System one 60series, APAP machine with New Airsense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can't offer it for sale or transfer using your Apnea Board account, but if I were you, I'd keep it as a backup CPAP... just in case.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SuperSleep, No problem, no immediate intention of selling Dreamstation, or least not at this time and no intention to attempt advertise to Sell Via Apnea board Forum. But I may consider re utilise the Dreamstation as a DOOR STOP, noting Colour will match in nice with the bedroom door!

Also will have to check up on use as DOOR STOP, if will only retain the same recommended 5 Year Life Expectancy, for in that purpose?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,979 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,806 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 178 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 252 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,574 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 760 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 284 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.