Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
RE: Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
(09-10-2021, 12:46 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: From here and on another board, I have gotten the impression that those who have already received the DS2s are those who have not had their machines very long, and that their machines were still under warranty.  My guess is that those who've had their machines longer will probably have their machines fixed rather than replaced.  I have not yet heard of anyone who was asked to send their machine in for repair.  It looks like the wait for repairs will be much longer than for those who will receive replacements.

My DS1 was purchased 4.5 years ago.  I received tracking from FedEx that I have an unexpected package inbound to me from Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 01:06 PM)buddy0329 Wrote: My DS1 was purchased 4.5 years ago.  I received tracking from FedEx that I have an unexpected package inbound to me from Philips.

Wow!  Then I guess it's not only those with new machines who are getting the replacement machines first.  Did you register with Philips way early?  Maybe that's the key.  Dont-know   In any case, contrats on getting one very soon!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 02:36 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: Wow!  Then I guess it's not only those with new machines who are getting the replacement machines first.  Did you register with Philips way early?  Maybe that's the key.  Dont-know   In any case, contrats on getting one very soon!  Smile

I registered my DSG1 and DSG on the Philips website on June 17th.  Purchased new Autoset 10 less than a week later.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a pretty new CPAP user and my first unit was the DreamStation 2.  I like it.  It's definitely helped me to sleep better, have fewer headaches and feel more rested in the morning.  My numbers still aren't in the -5 range like I've been told they should be, but looking at my trend over the last 4 months, it's gotten slightly better.  Probably my biggest complaint with the DreamStation 2 is that the water chamber was using a lot of water at the beginning, which I liked because I don't like to wake up with a dry mouth or throat, but after probably the first month, it doesn't seem to use almost any water at all now.  Otherwise I like the unit.  It's quiet enough and doesn't keep me up at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I initially registered my DS as part of the recall in early July. My machine is just a month or so shy of 5 years old. Today I received a new DS2 Auto CPAP Advanced direct from Phillips. This was totally unexpected. The only way I knew it was coming was from a FEDEX notification that I had a package on the way. I assumed it might be something to do with the recall since the sender was Phillips-Respironics. My assumption was correct because a new DS2 Auto CPAP Advanced arrived today.

At first I thought it a bit odd they would send direct to the consumer since I assumed it would need to be setup by a clinician much as the others I have had. Alas, no such indication or instructions in the box as to have the clinical part setup. Only the user setup manual. Thankfully I am pretty savvy and was able to do the clinical setup myself using past experience and a YouTube video.

Some items of interest:
  1.  The DS2 uses a data card (not included) I assume I can use the card from the DS (after downloading the data to date). Will do that later today to confirm.
  2.  The unit comes with a micro 12 mm hose and a coupling to allow attachment to masks requiring the larger size. I assume the larger heated hoses from the
       DS will still work since the hookup looks the same
  3.  Disposable and "reusable" filters differ from those in the DS so if you have a stock of these, they won't do you any good.
  4.  You are requested to return your recalled machine for proper disposal. There is a return shipping label (and even a strip of cellophane tape
       to close the box) included to make it easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got mine yesterday.  It was a total surprise as I had been told it would be months. I did not register until about a month ago due to misinformation provided by Philips the first time I called. I like the bluetooth connectivity and dream mapper app.  I really like the smaller diameter tubing that it came with as well.  Only thing I'm not a fan of is the little clips on the humidifier chamber as they seem like they could snap off if you are not careful. It's  quiet with no wheezing like others have mentioned and the auto on works well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 11:16 AM)LindanHotAir Wrote: Has anyone received a replacement DS1 bilevel or ASV?

I'm guessing from comments made from various Philips employees that the bilevel and ASV will have repair kits and no replacement.  My brother has a 1 year old Bipap Dreamstation plus his backup System 1. Don't plan to give up either as we already have purchased supplies for them (will remove foam).  The D2 I've seen doesn't look very disability friendly. I have arthritis and finding even the bin for my Resmed difficult some days.
Post Reply Post Reply
FedEx delivered a replacement DS2 today from Philips out of the blue. I had gotten the recalled DS1 late January this year, so it was still under warranty. Registered in the recall site late June when my DME emailed about the recall.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2021, 06:48 PM)Kuutar Wrote: FedEx delivered a replacement DS2 today from Philips out of the blue. I had gotten the recalled DS1 late January this year, so it was still under warranty. Registered in the recall site late June when my DME emailed about the recall.

Congrats!  You won't find a lot of love here for the DS2 but honestly I like mine just fine. The only thing I'm worried about is the two plastic loops on the humidifier lid latch. I'm very careful when taking on or off as I can see them snapping. I do like how easily the bluetooth works and connects to the Dream Mapper phone app.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2021, 07:08 PM)speed3914 Wrote: I do like how easily the bluetooth works and connects to the Dream Mapper phone app.

Does the DS2 offer Airplane Mode?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,372 6 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 181 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 259 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,581 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 769 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 286 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.