Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips-Respironics Amara ffm Gel Major Leaks
Phillips-Respironics Amara ffm Gel Major Leaks
Many masked tried out through my DME who has been very supportive (patient). Started with F&P 405 nasal mask(my standard mask) but even though my AHI are always below 5 have high # of major leaks but no frowny faces.

Last night tried the new GEL mask and found that when I relaxed my jaw (45min into night) I had major leaks on both sides of my jaw. In the past have tried following ffm Quattro Air, AirFit N10 and Amara View with similar results.

Perhaps I need to try a mask liner such as RemZzzs. Anyone else had similar leakage issues and what was the solution?
Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
RE: Phillips-Respironics Amara ffm Gel Major Leaks
Hi Roy,
When I was using Amara View I found out by serendipity that going from a medium mask to a small mask fixed my leak issue. I still feel that the nasal openings are a bit on the small side but I had cheek leaks on the medium. My provider stalled on a shipment so I had to use a small that had been given to me when I first started CPAP last year. I switched my order to the smalls and stretch the nasal openings a bit to decrease resistance. Not sure it that pertains to your issue but it did for me. Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was also thinking along those lines. My current pillow is a medium and perhaps a small would work better. Need to ask DME if they could get me one to try out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Monkeyfeathers, using the Amera View I also found the small cushion worked better than the medium, even though the magic sizer said medium. There's more to fit than how far your nose sticks out!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,055 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 138 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 160 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.