Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Respironics Bipap AutoSV advanced
Just wondering how many people on here are using the same machine as me for central sleep apnea? Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I'm "complex" apnea and I use an APAP machine with supplemental oxygen rather than VPAP. It's working for me, anyway.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Your brain is not the boss.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 08:37 PM)Maternity Angel Wrote: Just wondering how many people on here are using the same machine as me for central sleep apnea? Cool
Not sure, a new poll perhaps
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Maternity Angel.

I used one of these for a month but couldn't get along with it. Changed to a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt and had an instant improvement. The Philips machine has far more settings and adjustments than the Resmed which does everything by algorithm. The Resmed works for me - many other people prefer the Philips.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting how the different manufacturer's algorithms work for different people. I have been using the Respironics BiPap AutoSV for 2 1/2 years and love it. I not only sleep with it every night, I won't leave home without it Smile I progressed up to this machine over the course of 10+ years - CPap; Cpap Auto (C-flex); BiPap Auto (A-flex).

When I first started using it took a little bit of getting used to. One thing that I found - and it is slightly counter-intuitive - is that the setting for the back-pressure flex (1-3), I always set at 3 on the prior machines. On this, with the servo-vent and auto breath, I ended up putting it at 1. It was far more comfortable when I figured that out. When I mentioned it to my sleep doc, she said "I find that a lot with my patients - you are not the only one - it is one of those strange variables that people respond to in different ways".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] cleaning an old Respironics REMStarPlus with mildew in it cstrouss 4 144 07-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: cstrouss
  Phillips Auto Bipap vs. Aircurve 10 Vauto? William Dunn 4 136 07-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: William Dunn
  Respironics DreamStation plugin Module?? racprops 4 150 07-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ateeluck
  Question about Auto BIPAP Walla Walla 3 162 07-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap missing my breaths geves35x 2 172 07-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: robysue
  From BiPAP to Auto CPAP ellenos 11 358 07-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  respironics dreamstation dsx700 1volinalabama 2 166 07-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred