Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] The honeymoon is over
RE: The honeymoon is over
The standard for successful therapy is <5 AHI. But how you feel in the AM is also an important factor. Most folks here, from what I have derived, strive to get their AHI's below 1. So, the lower you can go the likely better you will feel energy and headache wise. Just know though that everyone is different. Through trial and error you will find what works best for you. So you know, my max pressure is 6.2 and my AHI is running now at an average of around .4. Continued good luck with your therapy.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2015, 12:45 PM)LindafromNJ Wrote: 95th percentile 9.6 - not sure what that means.

Have to see that in context. 95th percentile is a statistical term; but it may apply to pressure, leak rate, et cetera.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Since she has the elite, it must relate to leak rate.

Your AHI is still good. Congrats on that! Anything below 5 is the goal. Yeah, a few people want to get pushing pushing to see how low they can get it but its not necessary. The primary thing is how one feels in the morning. IF you were feeling smothered by the air, you could maybe bump that number up a tad, but if it isn't bothering you, and since the AHI is good, my suggestion (for now) is to leave it alone.

What could be happening instead is as the sleep apnea is now being treated, the other sleep disorder has a chance to have it's 15 minutes of fame. Really push to get that taken care of. Perhaps there's more to the docs and you can do about it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.