Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Respironics Bipap AutoSV advanced
Phillips Respironics Bipap AutoSV advanced
Just wondering how many people on here are using the same machine as me for central sleep apnea? Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips Respironics Bipap AutoSV advanced
Well, I'm "complex" apnea and I use an APAP machine with supplemental oxygen rather than VPAP. It's working for me, anyway.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 08:37 PM)Maternity Angel Wrote: Just wondering how many people on here are using the same machine as me for central sleep apnea? Cool
Not sure, a new poll perhaps
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Maternity Angel.

I used one of these for a month but couldn't get along with it. Changed to a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt and had an instant improvement. The Philips machine has far more settings and adjustments than the Resmed which does everything by algorithm. The Resmed works for me - many other people prefer the Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting how the different manufacturer's algorithms work for different people. I have been using the Respironics BiPap AutoSV for 2 1/2 years and love it. I not only sleep with it every night, I won't leave home without it Smile I progressed up to this machine over the course of 10+ years - CPap; Cpap Auto (C-flex); BiPap Auto (A-flex).

When I first started using it took a little bit of getting used to. One thing that I found - and it is slightly counter-intuitive - is that the setting for the back-pressure flex (1-3), I always set at 3 on the prior machines. On this, with the servo-vent and auto breath, I ended up putting it at 1. It was far more comfortable when I figured that out. When I mentioned it to my sleep doc, she said "I find that a lot with my patients - you are not the only one - it is one of those strange variables that people respond to in different ways".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.