Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear
RE: Phillips-Respironics DreamWear
Did you try loosening the headgear and pulling the back strap down farther? The air connection still needs to be at the top of your head--see the illustrations in the booklet if they gave you one, or the picture on the Dream Mapper website home page: http://www.dreammapper.com/. My mask fits lower than the one on the website and the back strap stays down, but I move very little once I'm asleep. I usually wake up once and turn over but in our Temperpedic bed I almost have to sit up to switch sides, so the mask doesn't get knocked off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2015, 06:41 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: Did you try loosening the headgear and pulling the back strap down farther? The air connection still needs to be at the top of your head--see the illustrations in the booklet if they gave you one, or the picture on the Dream Mapper website home page: http://www.dreammapper.com/. My mask fits lower than the one on the website and the back strap stays down, but I move very little once I'm asleep. I usually wake up once and turn over but in our Temperpedic bed I almost have to sit up to switch sides, so the mask doesn't get knocked off.

I really haven't messed around with it much, I've just kind of been dealing with it moving around on my head. I'll give that a shot, though, and see if it helps at all.

I've been using it for about a week now and really like it, it's much more comfortable than the P10. The downside is SleepyHead tells me that "my mask is leaking way too much" and I think that's because it's sliding around on my face and isn't always blowing up my nose. It takes some getting used to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have used the DreamWear mask about two weeks over two sessions. I really wanted to find a mask that would be a backup to my primary P10 mask. As with other posters, there are times when I'd like some relief from the contact with the nose openings. The DreamWear did that, but still slid around as I moved from my back to my side and vice-versa. It will now go in the drawer as my third choice (behind the P10 and Swift FX pillows).
Post Reply Post Reply
For several years, I used to use Swift Fx. Than I got the DreamWear and it was so much better for me. Quieter, fewer leaks and I love it's hose arrangement. Occasionally I had to adjust it a bit after rolling from side to side. Sometimes, the front exhaust was hitting the pillow or the top exhaust was hitting the headboard making it audible but it was easily dealt with.
A week ago I got the P10 to try and... after a week of use, I like it better than the DreamWear.
It's consistently quiet and stays put no matter what I do.
My current ranking is:
#1 P10 for regular use
#2 DreamWear. It will be good for the times when my nostrils will need some rest)
#3 Swift Fx which I will keep only as a backup to the above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's keep in mind this is a review thread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5546
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok....my turn to add my comments about the Dreamwear mask.

I've given it a good 2 week trial and, overall, I'd say my impressions are quite favorable. 4

The pros:

Ok...took a little bit to get used to the connection on top of the head, but it ends up quite nice if you move around a bit like I do.

Silicone "arms" or the mask (the inflatable bits that bring the air down to your nose) are generally pretty comfortable. With how dry it is here now, I noticed a little flaking of skin, but none of the red marks or temporary indents you get with normal masks.

Once on, I found the mask stays in place quite well....better than most pillows I have used.

Overall, very comfortable...once on and running, it was like I wasn't wearing anything.

The cons:

It is a little noisier than several other masks.....this is due to the vent on the front of the mask. The vent is not baffled and does put out a stream of air into your pillow or sheets. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

Also, as much as I like the feel of this mask, it's not one I can use. On the portion of the mask with the actual opening for you to breathe, there is a strengthening ridge in the silicone. From the outside, it looks like a fold (or place to grip it when adjusting the mask)....but on the inside, it is a raised ridge. In my case, the ridge and my big schnozz don't get along. The ridge has pressed against the base of my nose (where the cartilage meets bone) and has caused a small, but definite, pressure sore.

So, overall, a great mask....but one star off for the issue with the ridge that means it becomes one I cannot use. If your schnozz is compatable, it's a great choice.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2016, 01:04 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Also, as much as I like the feel of this mask, it's not one I can use. On the portion of the mask with the actual opening for you to breathe, there is a strengthening ridge in the silicone. From the outside, it looks like a fold (or place to grip it when adjusting the mask)....but on the inside, it is a raised ridge. In my case, the ridge and my big schnozz don't get along. The ridge has pressed against the base of my nose (where the cartilage meets bone) and has caused a small, but definite, pressure sore.

Have you tried different sized cushions to see if they make a difference?

I'm also a member of the big schnozz club and have found that the medium cushion works best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2016, 04:44 PM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: Have you tried different sized cushions to see if they make a difference?

I'm also a member of the big schnozz club and have found that the medium cushion works best for me.

Yeah....the fit guide put me at a medium and it seals great. It's the depth to the ridge that's the issue. I'm going to give it a little rest and see about coming back to it...I'm hoping it'll be like a new pair of shoes....nose needs a little "break in" time to get used to it.

If not, I might try the large frame / headgear to get a little more slack...and perhaps not bottom out on the ridge.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like mike, the guide said I needed a medium which seemed to work well but had some leaking problems. I switched to a small which resolved the leaks but it pinches my nose and has a tendency to cause the mask to slip off when I roll over. Tonight, I'm going to go back to the medium to see if I can get it adjusted to stop the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried my new DreamWare nasal mask last night and while I think it is a super innovative product, it is not for me. It’s going back to the DME and I’m staying with my Wisp nasal mask. What I didn’t like about the DreamWare was it put too much pressure in one spot under my nose. If I loosed it so the pressure was tolerable then it leaked. I woke up with a dry mouth and after adjusting some more finally switched back to the Wisp. I am actually really happy with the Wisp but wanted to try the DreamWare since so many people seem to like it. BTW, I was fitted for the mask at my DME's office - she seemed to do a good job with the fitting...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,149 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,983 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,354 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,708 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier
Wink [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Review/Comparison with DreamWear srlevine1 5 8,621 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Feedsack
  [Product Review] Respironics "Amara View" Full Face Mask JudgeMental 34 33,615 09-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Last Post: st8800
  [Product Review] New Dreamwear FFM Review April 7 2018 CZOscar 16 9,561 05-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.