Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Respironics Dreamstation
Phillips Respironics Dreamstation
I have noticed the power button flashing when not in use. Normally the light is steadily on. Does anyone have this machine and do you know what the problem is?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips Respironics Dreamstation
I moved this to the main forum where your thread will get more attention.

Are you receiving any error codes? In the meantime, try resetting the machine.

Unplug from power source, wait a few minutes, and plug back in.
Check that all connections and plugs are secure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bigfrank,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

Do a performance check and see if it has errors. I experienced the same thing and when I did the performance check, it failed and I had to get my dreamstation checked at the DME.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall my power button flashes when it is time to change/clean the air filters. I believe it also says something about it on the display.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Please see the following from the user manual:

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2019, 11:06 AM)Clay L Wrote: As I recall my power button flashes when it is time to change/clean the air filters. I believe it also says something about it on the display.

I was just about to say that but you beat me to it! Yes, once a month the power button will flash and a reminder message to change filters will display. Pressing the power button will clear this. You may be able to turn reminders off, but I've never investigated that. I have to admit, the first few months that I had a DreamStation the flashing button kind of freaked me out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine starts flashing after a while as a reminder that the SD card is out...
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
Your machine is possessed...

...by a dirty filter. eeew
            Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2019, 09:37 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Your machine is possessed...

...by a dirty filter. eeew
            Lolabove

By a wind fairy whose mission in life is to blow air into my  nose; hates when it can't do that without obstruction  and needs it's voice/sd card to tell me all about it  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
I get the flashing light when there's a pending message-- the message usually being one telling me it's time to change my filters and nasal pillows. When you see the flashing light, have you brought up the LCD screen (ie, pushed in  the righthand knob on the front of your machine)? If so, do you ever see a message?  

From the user manual:  "If the therapy On/Off button LED is flashing, you may have a pending message. Press or turn the knob to display the message."

Here's a link to the DreamStation user manual. Scroll to Page 5 for the chart with the above explanation.

https://incenter.medical.philips.com/doc...3D11405972
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,465 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.