Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips recall-Who decides equipment?
Phillips recall-Who decides equipment?
My Phillips system one machine is on the recall list. I should be entitled to a replacement machine. Does the replacement have to be a Phillips brand, or can I choose a different brand? My Phillips system one was covered by Medicare and BC&BS. I would prefer a ResMed machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips recall-Who decides equipment?
Since Philips recalled your machine, Philips is responsible for replacing it... some day.

I guessing Big Grin that Philips will replace it with a Philips machine...

Unless you can convince your insurance that you desperately need a ResMed right away,,, I think you'll have to pay for it yourself
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found this on a DME website that made mention of the 'Phillips BIPAP autoSV advanced system one' being recalled......

"If your device is more than 5 years old, contact your physician to get new prescription for a new replacement device. If you are unsure please feel free to contact us via our website with your insurance and contact information and we can check with your insurance company."

Presumably most CPAP machines have a 5 year life expectancy.

If yours is older than 5 years old possibly you could get a prescript written specific to the machine you want and see if insurance will cover it through a DME.

Not sure if others may know if this can happen or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I think the machine is over five years old. I have an appointment next week with my sleep doctor and I will try and convince him to get me into a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,057 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,127 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,467 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.