Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips software on System 1 and Dreamstation
Phillips software on System 1 and Dreamstation
Is anyone aware of changes Phillips has made to the resident software between the Systme One machine-vintage 2014-2015 and the 2019-2020 Dreamstation. I ask for the following reason.

I used a Phillips System One machine through early March 2020. During the 5 years I had it my AHI averaged 1.51. In March I changed to a Phillips Dream station. In the first 3 months of use my AHI has suddenly jumped to almost 5. The pressure settings have not changed and nothing in my personal life has changed. My readings have never been this high for even a week, let alone 3 months, since I began using my CPAP machine

Does anyone know if there a difference in the way the two machines record respiratory events? Has Phillips changed the software used to calculate events? Is one machine more effective than the other in managing sleep apnea? I am really puzzled by the sudden increase in recorded events.

Thanks

BillMar
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips software on System 1 and Dreamstation
I dont know of any change in the Phillips algorithm between the System One and DreamStation, but then again, PR isn't real forthcoming with information on their products.

My daughter went from a System One to the DreamStation without seeing or feeling much difference except for the outer design.  

Upgrade to the OSCAR software, and post a graph of your daily page.  There may be other reasons for the increase in AHI, which folk here may spot after seeing some data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, will follow up.
Bill Mar
Post Reply Post Reply
Opal Rose

I am ready to post a screen shot, but I am not sure what data will be most helpful. Which flags should I copy? I guess you want the summary flag, but what other ones should I post?
And you want an entire night screen shot?

Thanks

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the F12 button to take a screenshot of the daily page. Organize the page first according to the link in my signature line.

We need to see the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, and leak rate. Include the left side bar, minus the calendar and pie chart.

You can post a couple different days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR now has the ability to automatically format the charts we want. Just go to the menu View and select Reset Graphs/Standard Graphs. Really simple. Then as OpalRose said, use the F12 function to get the screenshot. If you use Windows, the screenshot is stored at My Documents/Oscar_Data/Screenshots with a year.month.day-tmestamp format, and you can change the name to anything you want that is more descriptive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

OK,

I two files. One with and one without side bar.

Thanks,

Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
With pressure settings of 8.0 to 12.0 on your Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP, you have a high number of obstructive apnea and events. The Dreamstation is relatively slow to respond to prevent events, and you need higher pressure settings, and may need to correct some chin tucking or positional apnea. I think you need to increase minimum and maximum pressure settingsb to 10 to 16 cm. If that does not resolve the obstructive "clusters" we will talk about a soft cervical collar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thanks. I am gong to to try the cervical collar first I think, and then pursue the Dr. on the pressure. I red about positional apnea on the Apnea Board yesterday, and I think it might be relevant to my new condition. I had never heard of it, or thought about it, until running across it yesterday on the site.

I think it may help me with my leaking problem too. That has become a big annoyance because even small leaks wake me up, or hurt my ability to go to sleep. The leaks tend to occur right at the area where the upper and lower lips join the face, and seem to occur as I start to fall asleep and I think let my head relax forward. As long as I am wide awake and lying down supine and don't move I have no leaks, but as I doze off to sleep leaks begin. The seal between my mask and face seems to break and I get leaks.

I will let you know to "close out the case", or add another person to the 30%+ of members (as I remember from the Wiki post) who are effected by positional apnea.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not put the statistics together, but you're in good company.  Anyway 30% sounds about right, but it might be the beer talking.   Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,062 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,465 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.