Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips system one Dorma 500 auto
Phillips system one Dorma 500 auto
I'm using this CPAP machine (Phillips System one Dorma 500 Auto) and Sleepyhead and Oscar couldn't recognize it. Anyone knows about this CPAP and can help me I would appreciate it a lot...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phillips system one Dorma 500 auto
I could not find your machine listed on the list of OSCAR SUPPORTED MACHINES. The link is http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_by_Oscar

If that is true you have been given a machine that does not give data only compliance information. Basically how many hours you use it and how many events a day. It may give a mask leak ok or bad leak and not all the other information. So if that is the case and you just got the machine, I would ask (demand) a different machine. If you have had it for a while you will get help here with your problems but it is hit and miss (guess) to come up with some settings that will work best for you. There are people here that are good doing this but it is much easier if your machine gave data OSCAR could work with.

Last thing is your insurance pays the same amount for the machine that does not give data as the one that does. The supplier makes more off the one that does NOT so they give people that type and make more money. And there are ways to buy a better machine. Supplier #2 of the supplier list at the top of the page sells Lightly used machines for 4 to 500 dollars. I have one... My Dreamstation was just not working for me and I had owned it for 4.5 years. A new one would have been possible in 6 but I would have to get another sleep study, so I jut bought it. IF you go that route buy a RESMED and check here if it is supported before you buy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dorma appears to be a System One machine intended for sales in Asia. If you are willing to provide a zipped copy of your SD card, we can probably add the machine to OSCAR. Contact "bonjour" by PM and let him know. He will provide a Dropbox link to use.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look no further
Fred's DropBox Receive SD Cards
https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear people, thank you so much for answering. You are all very kind. My public health insurance payed for the machine and Pico mask for me. It has SD card and I'll tomorrow send you data in that Dropbox folder you kindly provided.

It shows AHI index from 7 and 30 days period so I can't know how I slept each night (7days AHI is about 1.8 which is excellent considering on polisomnography 45). Sometimes 7days period AHI index comes for 2 or 3 numbers high per night and I believe my mask leaked a lot. Mask is terrible and I don't know if I wear it good - if it's tight it hurts my nose and if I lose it a little it leaks - my friend shot video to show me.
I'm using CPAP and mask from October last year and in this year's october I'm going to get new mask from public health insurance - dreamwear which they say is most comfortable.
Again, thank you all!
P.S. sorry for my bad English!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your English is excellent!

I've just taken a very quick look at your data, and I should be able to get OSCAR to support it, but I think you'll have better luck with Encore.

Despite being an Auto-CPAP, it looks like the Dorma 500 only supports "basic event detection," which is only summary counts of detected events. On other 500-series machines, there is detailed event detection, which includes the timestamp of each event, along with the airflow waveform. OSCAR currently only knows how to get event counts from the detailed information, not the summary.

I don't know how your healthcare system works, but here a doctor can push the insurance to provide a more functional model. They usually write the prescription to require "full efficacy data" rather than just compliance data, or sometimes they'll specify the actual machine. Whatever the doctor specifies the equipment provider has to provide. As @staceyburke above mentioned, here in the States, the insurer pays the same amount regardless, so the equipment providers try to give out the cheapest machine they can so that they make the most money. But a very specific doctor's prescription ties their hands.

Can you get a REMStar Auto or DreamStation Auto in your country? Or is Dorma the only model available? I've never seen such a crippled machine before.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw my doctor used program called Sleepware G3 to upload data from SD card.

They offer REMStar A flex but not under insurance, you have to pay for it and it is quite expensive.

Thank you so much for answering.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are there any Resmed options available under insurance? It's possible none of their machines are so crippled.

Do check the supplier list here and see if any of them will ship to your country. You may be able to buy something far more effective for a reasonable price, possibly used. REMstar machines (on which the Dorma appears to be based, at least physically) are at least 5 years old, so you have a good chance of finding something affordable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 756 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 656 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Phillips Dreamstation SD Card and the 'PROP' file! jt42cwr 2 576 02-18-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data Mersim85 11 1,069 01-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  I have a system one 750p doncaruana 4 515 08-14-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Phillips DreamStation2 Not Supported ela1301 6 1,278 12-17-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Bob2701
  OSCAR and System One 60 ST Dog 6 734 11-12-2021, 09:22 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.