Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on changing masks
Question on changing masks
Hi, new to CPAP therapy tonight is my 7th day. Excellent progress so far.

Basic question I hope: using a "PR System One REMstar Auto" machine with a "Wisp" nasal mask (which is what came from the DME provider).

I bought a "Nuance" nasal pillow mask which I will try tonight.

Do I need to do anything at the machine to make it aware of the change of masks or is automatic / irrelevant at that level?

Not sure if the change impacts how the machine self regulates the pressure.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on changing masks
Hi DanPrado,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s great to hear that you are adjusting well to your therapy.
That is a nasal pillows mask, so if you have a setting on your machine for that type of mask you need to change it to the setting for pillows.
I’m not sure about how the Respironics machines work as far as how to change that.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish.

Should this information be handy to someone else: Turned out to be pretty simple, there is a marking on the mask itself with an X value that corresponds to a machine setting. In my case I had to change from an X2 (nasal mask) to an X1 (pillows).

GREAT first night with the pillows, much easier to turn in bed without leaking and also even quieter (according to my wife).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 07:20 AM)DanPrado Wrote: Thanks Trish.

Should this information be handy to someone else: Turned out to be pretty simple, there is a marking on the mask itself with an X value that corresponds to a machine setting. In my case I had to change from an X2 (nasal mask) to an X1 (pillows).

GREAT first night with the pillows, much easier to turn in bed without leaking and also even quieter (according to my wife).
Double check your setting numbers.
X1 covers about every ffm and nasal mask Respironics makes including the total face fitlife.
X2 covers some of the pillows masks.
Unless its a typo in your post you are running a pillows mask on ffm/nasal mask setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im about positive the Nuance is X2 for all size pillows for that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Im about positive the Nuance is X2 for all size pillows for that mask.

Thanks for the correction Ghost - you are right I transposed the numbers, sorry about that folks!

My machine settings were correct but I misreported on this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 10:10 PM)DanPrado Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Im about positive the Nuance is X2 for all size pillows for that mask.

Thanks for the correction Ghost - you are right I transposed the numbers, sorry about that folks!

My machine settings were correct but I misreported on this post.

Not to worry. Just wanted to make sure you were set up correctly on your mask
There isnt a huge pressure difference but if your using flex that setting does make a noticible difference in the way the flex feels and tracks your breathing.

Dont ask how I know that LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a list of PR masks and their settings, although it doesn't include newer masks.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...ontrol.pdf
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.