Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thyroid Disease and CPAP Question - Need Thyroid Experts
RE: Thyroid Disease and CPAP Question - Need Thyroid Experts
(11-16-2015, 09:49 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: nothing really visable but yes nodules and some constriction. CPAP doesn't cause any issues other than motorboat mouth

I just woke up and the back of my throat is all swollen. I'm calling the Dr. and hopefully they will take it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure you don't have a cold or other malady brewing?
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 11:15 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Are you sure you don't have a cold or other malady brewing?

Positive, just a swollen thyroid.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 11:15 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Are you sure you don't have a cold or other malady brewing?

So now I'm dizzy and feel like I have the flu - you may be right after all Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have a gointer or Hashamoto's but did have a suspicious thyroid due to X-ray therapy for acne in the 1950's. It was removed in 1978 and no problems. My doctor just checks it periodically and adjusts as necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 06:39 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I didn't have a gointer or Hashamoto's but did have a suspicious thyroid due to X-ray therapy for acne in the 1950's. It was removed in 1978 and no problems. My doctor just checks it periodically and adjusts as necessary.

thanks for the info - can't wait to have mine removed
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have a goiter or Hashimoto's but did have a suspicious thyroid due to X-ray therapy for acne in the 1950's. It was removed in 1978 and no problems. My doctor just checks levels periodically and adjusts as necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 01:48 PM)linn Wrote: The CPAP pressure is irritating my goiter and my throat feels swollen and a bit sore. I'm a little worried about my throat swelling shut...I live alone and it is a very scary thought.

That's a really good question to ask your doctor in person.

I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV, but can tell you that anything that's swelling on/near your throat is something you need to get checked out by an actual doctor, in person.

There's very little "extra room" inside your neck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Sleep Apnea and Cushing's disease related? NorthernGuy 4 406 12-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  When UARS Is Lung Disease? Lung experts? Apnea23 25 1,747 07-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Apnea23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.