Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Picked up machine today
RE: Picked up machine today
On my PR machine the SD card has always been on the locked position. Records everything fine. I don't change it for Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 02:19 AM)SideSleeper Wrote: On my PR machine the SD card has always been on the locked position. Records everything fine. I don't change it for Sleepyhead.

If I put my SD card in my APAP locked, the display screen tells me that the card is locked. I doubt it would record onto a locked card.

Does your display screen tell you it's locked? It should be locked when putting in computer, and unlocked when putting back in cpap.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it doesn't give3 me a message. I checked with PR Support when I had questions about this and they said it would give me a message. It does record, faithfully everyday. In which position is your PR SD card locked--toward the small or large end of the triangle?
Post Reply Post Reply
SideSleeper,
Locked position is toward the large end of triangle, when placing in computer.

Unlocked position is toward the small end of triangle when placing back in APAP.

Your APAP will record all the data, but not to the SD card if locked.
But not a problem, as soon as you unlock the card and put in back in, the APAP will record the
information back to the SD card.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 01:38 AM)big_dave Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 07:52 PM)shutz1012 Wrote: But, what I would like to know is how do I find out what my average pressure is?

You can find out your average pressure by downloading Sleepyhead from the link at the top of the page, and then downloading the data from your SD card to Sleepyhead. Also pay attention to your 90% pressure, because your titration will probably be based on it instead of the average pressure.

You will want to lock your SD card before inserting it into your computer, to keep your computer from putting unwanted files on your SD card. Then, you will need to unlock it before putting your SD card back in your machine, or else the machine will not be able to record data to the SD card. See the diagram on the homepage of Sleepyhead, BEFORE you insert your SD card.

My 90% pressure reads zero???
Post Reply Post Reply
Very strange. All I can do is guess. Does it report the average pressure?

It sounds like you're using the AutoIQ feature of your Respironics REMstar Pro C-FLex to titrate your pressure. Either Jedi Mark (Sleepyhead author) may not have studied the data of a machine in AutoIQ mode, so he could not program Sleepyhead to report the proper 90% pressure, or else the information is not available until the end of the trial. The machine may automatically set itself to the 90% pressure at the end of the trial, depending on the machine's settings. Otherwise, it will be possible to read it using Encore, the official Philips Respironics software.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats i've had mine for a few days now but my mask falls off some times but yesterday i recorded good numbers
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 12:04 AM)big_dave Wrote: Very strange. All I can do is guess. Does it report the average pressure?

It sounds like you're using the AutoIQ feature of your Respironics REMstar Pro C-FLex to titrate your pressure. Either Jedi Mark (Sleepyhead author) may not have studied the data of a machine in AutoIQ mode, so he could not program Sleepyhead to report the proper 90% pressure, or else the information is not available until the end of the trial. The machine may automatically set itself to the 90% pressure at the end of the trial, depending on the machine's settings. Otherwise, it will be possible to read it using Encore, the official Philips Respironics software.

Well, 90% pressure is now 10. My machine is set for 4-10 for now, so I am guessing that 90% of the time I am at the full 10 for pressure? That's they way I'm understanding it. I have to transmit by data tomorrow, Friday, 11/20 so I guess they will by adjusting my pressure range. Ironically, I have felt very tired these last few days when I've noticed my 90% pressure is at 10. Is that the reason why? I need more pressure? SOrry for the questions but this is all new to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi shutz1012,
90% pressure means this: You were at a pressure of 10 or under for 90% of the night. Note the "or under". You didn't necessarily stay at 10 for 90% of the night.
I know you are trialing a machine right now, but it looks like you may need a pressure of 10 or 11.

The important thing here is that you need software to gauge your progress. Download Sleepyhead, see link top of page, and start looking at the data and graphs.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 02:36 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi shutz1012,
90% pressure means this: You were at a pressure of 10 or under for 90% of the night. Note the "or under". You didn't necessarily stay at 10 for 90% of the night.
I know you are trialing a machine right now, but it looks like you may need a pressure of 10 or 11.

The important thing here is that you need software to gauge your progress. Download Sleepyhead, see link top of page, and start looking at the data and graphs.

Thanks a bunch! I have downloaded it, but I guess I need to remove the SD card from my machine to upload it on my computer? I will wait until tomorrow after I transmit my data...I don't want to screw anything up with the data, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 819 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,190 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,175 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,796 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 967 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,109 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.