Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Picked up machine today
RE: Picked up machine today
(11-19-2015, 02:36 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi shutz1012,
90% pressure means this: You were at a pressure of 10 or under for 90% of the night. Note the "or under". You didn't necessarily stay at 10 for 90% of the night.
I know you are trialing a machine right now, but it looks like you may need a pressure of 10 or 11.

The important thing here is that you need software to gauge your progress. Download Sleepyhead, see link top of page, and start looking at the data and graphs.

Interpreting SH is definitely not my strong suit. I am surprised that the 90% number indicates a % OR UNDER. How do you know where your pressure was MOST of the night or am I just confused? Huhsign
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 07:38 PM)OpalRose Wrote: SideSleeper,
Locked position is toward the large end of triangle, when placing in computer.

Unlocked position is toward the small end of triangle when placing back in APAP.

Your APAP will record all the data, but not to the SD card if locked.
But not a problem, as soon as you unlock the card and put in back in, the APAP will record the
information back to the SD card.

well maybe Huhsign

"The presence of a notch, and the presence and position of a tab, have no effect on the SD card's operation. A host device that supports write protection should refuse to write to an SD card that is designated read-only in this way. Some host devices do not support write protection, which is an optional feature of the SD specification"

the tab does NOT block writes, what you have plugged the SD card into (computer or CPAP) MAY read the position of the slide and refuse to write to the card or not. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 03:28 PM)cate1898 Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 02:36 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi shutz1012,
90% pressure means this: You were at a pressure of 10 or under for 90% of the night. Note the "or under". You didn't necessarily stay at 10 for 90% of the night.
I know you are trialing a machine right now, but it looks like you may need a pressure of 10 or 11.

The important thing here is that you need software to gauge your progress. Download Sleepyhead, see link top of page, and start looking at the data and graphs.

Interpreting SH is definitely not my strong suit. I am surprised that the 90% number indicates a % OR UNDER. How do you know where your pressure was MOST of the night or am I just confused? Huhsign

This is the reason why studying your pressure graph is important. You can see where your pressure is for the whole night. Using an APAP machine, your pressure is unlikely to stay at one number.

The machine will respond to snores, flow limitations in anticipation of possible apnea event or collapse of your airway. So the pressure will rise for a while, and if no event will start to drop back down.

In Sleepyhead, you can look at the events, pressure, snore and flow limation graphs and compare to see where your pressure was and what may have triggered an increase in pressure.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 03:47 PM)PoolQ Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 07:38 PM)OpalRose Wrote: SideSleeper,
Locked position is toward the large end of triangle, when placing in computer.

Unlocked position is toward the small end of triangle when placing back in APAP.

Your APAP will record all the data, but not to the SD card if locked.
But not a problem, as soon as you unlock the card and put in back in, the APAP will record the
information back to the SD card.

well maybe Huhsign

"The presence of a notch, and the presence and position of a tab, have no effect on the SD card's operation. A host device that supports write protection should refuse to write to an SD card that is designated read-only in this way. Some host devices do not support write protection, which is an optional feature of the SD specification"

the tab does NOT block writes, what you have plugged the SD card into (computer or CPAP) MAY read the position of the slide and refuse to write to the card or not. Oh-jeez

PoolQ, I have no idea what you are trying to say. There was no question as to the SD cards operation.

The question was how to lock the SD card with the tab before placing it in your computer. This is just a safety precaution and has been recommended here on this forum many times. It may or may not matter, but better to play safe.
The recommendation to unlock the card is also stated when exiting sleepyhead before putting back into your Cpap.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 817 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,174 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 966 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,109 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.