Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pico nasal mask replacement
Pico nasal mask replacement
Hi to all,

I use the Respironics pico nasal mask, but recently I experience air leak and uncomfortable fit of the cushion.
I wonder if it is about time to replace the mask cushion.
I read the mask manual but Philips doesn't mention the replacement period.
How often do you recommend to replace the mask cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pico nasal mask replacement
Hi,

I've been on CPAP Since Aug 2015 and am only on my second PICO mask.  And I can tell it's about time to change it as it doesn't seal like it used to.  Based on what I have read here, I'm using my masks way longer than most.  Probably because insurance covers replacement every 3-6 months.   I do have insurance that covers replacement but I just keep using the mask until its no longer effective.  I clean it weekly and I don't think there's a problem using it that long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Fedman.
I'm a CPAP user since May 2017 and still on my first Pico mask after 14 months.
I do clean it weekly (usually with wipes, not washing) and protect it from direct sunlight.
But during the last 2 months I have a feeling it's not as it used to be.
Can you remember when you replaced yours? It was after a year or two?

I would have already replace the cushion but our "big fat greek" insurance does not cover CPAP accessories at all!  Dont-know
Only CPAP machine replacement every 4 years...  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I replaced my first mask close to 2 years of use.  When I kept tightening the straps to stop the leaks, I realized that I was being stupid about it.  When I put the new mask on, I felt the difference right away.  My current mask has been in use about a year and I'll change it now as I can tell it's starting to leak. Knda silly in my case when I can replace the mask through insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  

I'll do the same right now!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,699 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 251 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,811 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,162 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 179 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.