Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difficulty with f30 mask
RE: Difficulty with f30 mask
(11-01-2019, 06:47 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I saw that response on a different site and I also ordered the amara view headgear.  I did not find it much different, the straps still dig into my ears.  
As I said when this thread started my biggest problem is the redness and irritation I get on my nasal septum when I use the F30.  Still won’t give up and will continue to try and tweak things.  
Thanks for all who responded and if anyone else has ideas please let me know.

Comfort Tip...
I found an old fleece jacket that I used for scrap - cut and sewed up some little sleeves to slip over the headgear straps. It helps with comfort and helps to reduce the morning strap marks on my face too.  The only problem is, is that it covers the adjustment velcro, so no adjustments in the middle of the night are possible. But I do like them.

Sorry I can't help with the irritation problem. I'm sure you have tried a thin application of a hypoallergenic lotion before using the mask.  I wonder if a low-strength hydrocortisone cream would help.  Fortunately I have not experienced any similar irritation.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I got lucky with the fit! I'm surprised you can't find a way to make it work. I also have had some issues with the F30 with irritation and redness but with the Amara headgear I am able to loosen the fit a little which seems to have helped with the irritation so far.  Truth be told, it's only been 1 night of use but as you can tell I'm just a little excited. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Initially, I experienced some contact irritation caused by wearing a CPAP mask all night long. But, it goes away after a few nights of use. 

It just took my skin a while to adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently went with the Respironics Blue Mesh Softcap Headgear with my F30 and I can adjust it better and no marks from the straps any more.

Someone was asking about sore nose with the F30.   I initially had this when I started - I was fitting the mask against my nose and then putting the straps on - now I put the mask on as far from my nose as possible and the pressure bulges out the nose part and it seals just fine - and no sore nose whatsoever.   Additional benefit is that I can breathe better through my nose when it has a little space between the rigid part of the mask and my nose.

YMMV,

Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S.  After putting the mask on away from my nose and letting pressure bulge out the nose part and seal I move the flexible nose part around to get the nostril holes lined up so I can breathe easily.   I see some people are enlarging the holes to simplify this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sopherfella will try your advice and let you know if it works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,101 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 998 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Treatment] Difficulty with TECSA and Hypopneas jjl468 7 1,064 08-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: jjl468
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,631 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,312 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  anyone else have difficulty clearing throat? martyedb 10 1,531 04-29-2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Mso43
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,874 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.