Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pilairo Q Pillow masks
Pilairo Q Pillow masks
I apologize if I'm in the wrong section. I just wonder if any of you have experience in how long the 'band' may last on a mask. I'm only 3 months in on using CPAP (and finally loving it), but over the past two days, I'm having trouble getting a perfect fit (the kind where you wake up in the middle of the night and worry that you don't even have a mask on because it fits so perfectly, you don't even notice you have it on). I've been adjusting and adjusting all night long, but the fit isn't as good as it has been over the last 75 days. I use the single strap and it has worked well. But do people have to replace them often? Do they get stretched fairly quickly? I will be sure to contact Pilairo about this, but I would prefer to get actual user information rather than corporate speak first.
Will
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pilairo Q Pillow masks
Hi Zocane,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yes, you have to replace the pillows, I think, US medicare guidelines say every two weeks, or something like that, (for me, that was overkill, but everyone is different.) I think it is recommended to replace the headgear every 6 months.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Trish!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tired washing the strap in very hot water? That may shrink it a little.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea!
I would NEVER have thought of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fact of the matter is that the "bands" on all headgear that I have used stretch with use and have to be re-adjusted. I have been trying a Pilairo Q mask off and on for a while. I chose to use the headgear instead of the single strap because the headgear is adjustable. I have not been successful with my trials yet but who knows.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2016, 06:07 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Have you tired washing the strap in very hot water? That may shrink it a little.

I did just yesterday, and voila! It worked! I could move positions all night without ever losing the seal. I would have NEVER thought of that! Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Just know that it will wear out, so it might be a good idea to have a spare on hand.
Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.