Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Which do you prefer the Pilairao q or the P10
This poll is closed.
Prefer P10
55.56%
5 55.56%
Prefer Pilairo
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pilairo Q vs P10 comparison thread
Pilairo Q vs P10 comparison thread
I am looking for folks that have used the P10 and the Pilairo and what their experiences are.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pilairo Q vs P10 comparison thread
Can't actually vote because the only mask I have used is the Pilairo Q. And I have loved it from the first moment I put it on. My 95% Leaks is almost always 0.00. It is comfortable, lets me move around in my sleep and seems to be very quiet. Certainly it is quieter than whatever my father has been using. I actually asked to try both of these masks when I got my system but the DME only had the Pilairo Q in stock. I may choose to try the P10 when I have the opportunity to get another mask, but that's still many months away with my insurance. Then again I may just choose to get a backup Pilairo Q. I do use a chin strap with it, but I'm starting to wonder if I really need to. Although I like the deep pressure from it so... As they say, it's not broken so there is no need to fix it.Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Teach me to vote in a poll before reading the rules. Haven't used either of 'em, but the P10's name has a nice ring to it.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
When first starting CPAP, I was about to order a Pilairo Q, when I found out about the Airfit P10 and ordered that instead.

The rest is history. Smile

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I started my trial in January. I was testing all sorts of masks and the Pilairo Q was sitting at the top. Then I started reading about the P10, however, my sleep center didn't have it yet. Before my trial was over, they did get it in, so I tried it out.

They were very similar in comfort, quiet, and performance. The deciding factor was that the Pilairo Q worked better when I had nasal congestion. If one nostril was congested, the P10 would whistle and exhaling was harder.

I did a post on one of the CPAP forums with a full comparison. I'll see if I can find it again and direct you to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 is now my primary mask, with Pilairo Q as backup.

P10 advantages over Pilairo Q from my experience:
- Quieter
- Easier to clean
- No irritation/pain at nasal openings
- Simpler exhalation port noise silencer

Pilairo Q advantages over P10
- Headgear options (2)

With both, leak rates and RERA numbers much better than the FFM I was originally provided.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about the swivel on the Pilairo? Is that not a plus?
Post Reply Post Reply
The swivel on the Pilairo Q is either a plus or a minus depending on personal preference and the way you choose to route the hose.

The very light weight of the P10 hose whip makes the swivel completely unnecessary for most people but some people who take the hose up to their forehead (with more straps and stuff) or some similar idea may not be as comfortable with the non-swivel P10.

However going straight down, or left/right, or maybe even straight up isn't a big deal for needing a swivel while the Pilairo swivel bulks up the mask and gives you more "hard stuff" to bang or lever your mask out of position or off your face (e.g., I sleep with a body pillow so swivels like this change my positioning quite a bit.)

Most of the people I have discussed this with prefer the light whip hose of the P10 (including me), but a small few (primarily who use an overhead hose routing system) prefer the Pilairo Q swivel.

An even smaller few (that I have corresponded with) were able to ditch the complicated system and move the the light P10, thus benefiting from the minimalist P10 AND benefiting from a less complicated hose routing system. They just didn't need it after I made some routing suggestions. A couple of other found that they didn't want to change the routing.

Based on a non-scientific guestimate, the simpler P10 probably wins the swivel vs. non-swivel 60/40, maybe by a little more.

We always say, "Everyone is different" and this is one 'advantage' that definitely swings both ways (pun intended.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm kinda late to the party.
I have never tried the Pilairo, so I can't speak to that. I do, however, like the P10. A lot of people don't like the P10's headgear but I don't have any trouble with that. The fact that the P10 doesn't have a swivel isn't a problem for me either. This is the first pillows mask I have stuck with for quite a while.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like the P10, just miss my swivel from the wisp, so I guess I just don't know yet. Have never tried the other which is why I asked. seems we all like the P10 though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,083 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 226 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,217 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.