Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Which do you prefer the Pilairao q or the P10
This poll is closed.
Prefer P10
55.56%
5 55.56%
Prefer Pilairo
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pilairo Q vs P10 comparison thread
RE: Pilairo Q vs P10 comparison thread
I'm looking to try moving from a Wisp nasal mask to pillows. I sometimes sleep on my stomach with my head partly on the pillow. I suspect the swivel on the Wisp helps for that position. I'm wondering if that would be problem with the P10?
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the P10 in my sleep study along with a FF and was given those when I completed it. The P10 I found can have the inside wall turn under and will cause a vibration that will irritate your nose causing a soreness if its not noticed and corrected .. probably did it while cleaning it! least it did mine . haven't used the Pilairo Q but it looks like it might be one to try in the future .

so don't prefer or not prefer the P10 ..

The P10 has its use as do other masks according to the individual and the circumstances. I'm currently using a nasal mask ..
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2014, 07:15 AM)GeoffD Wrote: I'm looking to try moving from a Wisp nasal mask to pillows. I sometimes sleep on my stomach with my head partly on the pillow. I suspect the swivel on the Wisp helps for that position. I'm wondering if that would be problem with the P10?

I use the P10 now, and that is my position on many nights. Head on the edge of the pillow, and all good with the P10. Very nice sleep in my opinion I was just asking to find out about the Pilairo based on the way it looks.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2014, 08:01 PM)Galactus Wrote: I use the P10 now, and that is my position on many nights. Head on the edge of the pillow, and all good with the P10. Very nice sleep in my opinion I was just asking to find out about the Pilairo based on the way it looks.

awww, you're just being nosy. .........get it? Nosy????? Pillows mask--- nosy?????? Oh never mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't get it, I don't get it.......
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2014, 10:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 08:01 PM)Galactus Wrote: I use the P10 now, and that is my position on many nights. Head on the edge of the pillow, and all good with the P10. Very nice sleep in my opinion I was just asking to find out about the Pilairo based on the way it looks.

awww, you're just being nosy. .........get it? Nosy????? Pillows mask--- nosy?????? Oh never mind.

Offtopic

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
You are all noisy.........errrrrr nosy.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 04:19 PM)PaytonA Wrote: You are all noisy.........errrrrr nosy.

As in we all have noses??
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2014, 08:01 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 07:15 AM)GeoffD Wrote: I'm looking to try moving from a Wisp nasal mask to pillows. I sometimes sleep on my stomach with my head partly on the pillow. I suspect the swivel on the Wisp helps for that position. I'm wondering if that would be problem with the P10?

I use the P10 now, and that is my position on many nights. Head on the edge of the pillow, and all good with the P10. Very nice sleep in my opinion I was just asking to find out about the Pilairo based on the way it looks.

I don't sleep on my stomach, but always on my side. The Pilairo works fine for side sleeping and I haven't found a ffm that works the way I sleep - always pushes against the pillow.

I think that you'd be fine with the Pilairo and sleeping on your stomach. I'll see if I can remember tonight and try laying on my stomach and see how it works.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 226 03-27-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.