Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pilairo - ResMed Auto 9 compatibility
Pilairo - ResMed Auto 9 compatibility
Hi - Just back on CPAP after many years off. It is amazing how much the therapy has changed since I started and how great it is to have a board like thisThanks

Doing it myself, no sleep test for a long time, no DME support. Also I live in Taos, NM so I am at 7,000+ ft.

My old machine died so I got the S9Auto and at the recommendation of the online house, the Pilario (no risk - 30 days money back guarantee if you're wondering about it). I also bought a Quattro FX.

Tried the Quattro FX first in AutoSet and noticed that when I took it off, the S9 turned off as expected. But the Quattro made me nuts (even though its miles better then the old stuff) so I hooked up the Pilairo.

My first impression of the Pilairo is extremely positive. But unlike the FX, when I take the Pilairo off, the air keeps blowing. Easy enough to push the Off button but if the S9 doesn't know the mask is off my face, it makes me wonder if the unit is auto responding to me during the night?!?!?!

I do have the Clinicians manual (thnx Apnea Board) but I need some advice first - is this a setting issue? a problem with the S9? a compatibility issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pilairo - ResMed Auto 9 compatibility
Not sure if this is what is causing the problem, but are you changing the "Mask Type" setting to "Nasal Pillows" in the settings menu? I'm thinking that if it is still set for full face mask then the nasal pillows might be throwing off the sensors.
Post Reply Post Reply
What JG said. If you change the type of mask, you have to change that in the settings.

It should be in the settings screen without having to get into the clinician menu.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thnx - yes I changed the set up from Full Mask to Nasal Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 12:07 PM)ckwrites2 Wrote: Thnx - yes I changed the set up from Full Mask to Nasal Pillow

Hi Ckwrites! Welcome

A few people have reported issues with using "Auto Start", either it won't turn-on or it won't turn-off. If you're going to monitor your own therapy using ResScan or SleepyHead you're better-off just turning the machine off and on anyway, that way the machine doesn't record the free-flow event as a huge leak which skews your data.

The auto start issue doesn't affect the AutoSet and it's ability to monitor and deliver the correct pressure's for your therapy, believe me, we would have heard about it by now and there's too many of us her that all own AutoSet's, they're one of the best on the market.

For more help in getting a good mask fit, Read this thread. The Quattro FX is probably one of the most over-tightened full face masks on the market, there's actually a procedure called "swing and seal" for putting the Quattro FX on correctly.

If you have any questions we're here to help.

Sleep-well

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ckwrites2 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm glad you started using a CPAP machine and you have a GREAT machine, to boot. Yes, the technology is much better now.
Best of luck to you with your return to CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow - great group - THNX!

OK I get it and good to know that I am still getting what I need from the machine.

Is the AutoStart issue indicative of a failed part/board? i.e. Since the unit is literally brand new should I return it?

Have emails in to both mfgrs - if I learn anything new I will post

Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 04:41 PM)ckwrites2 Wrote: Is the AutoStart issue indicative of a failed part/board? i.e. Since the unit is literally brand new should I return it?
if autostart enabled and machine keep blowing air when the pilario removed
indicate to me the machine is faulty

I've not seen this happening, others reported at times machine switch off during the night
without realizing the mask is removed, hose is disconnected from machine or the H5i lid is open/ajar
Resmed bilevel machines has a leak alert buzzer if leaks greater than 40l/m

Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes with leaks and such, it's hard for any CPAP machine to determine whether or not you've got a severe leak or you've taken your mask off. Not really a "failed component" problem, but the problem seems to show up more with full face masks, which are notorious for leak issues.

As for me, I turn off the AutoStart/AutoStop feature (or whatever it's called in ResMed machines). I simply don't need it - and it's no big deal to reach over and push the ON/OFF button each time I need to do that. AutoStart/AutoOn is just one more feature that attempts to make life easier, but can also introduce unintended consequences.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a nasal mask and have only ever had it fail to turn off once and I have had it set to auto on/off since I bought it in September last year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.