Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pillow mask discomfort
Pillow mask discomfort
Two night so far with the P10. Far better than the full face and the nose mask. In fact, just got 2 nights of sleep and feel great - first time in over 2 years.

What do some of you do about some 'soreness' in the morning from the 'nose probes' I am using the medium 'nose plugs' and the leakage numbers are quite low. The discomfort is minor and goes away in a few hours.

I am afraid of loosening the fit would lead to leakage and quite frankly, getting the first 2 nights of sleep in 2 years is a thrill and don't want to break this 2 day record.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pillow mask discomfort
If the soreness you are describing is because you're nose is getting an abrasion, get some HPA Lanolin. It's available in the baby department at your local drugstore. Just use a very small amount on each nostril at bedtime. On the other hand, if you're describing that nice, albeit uncomfortable, stretching feeling because your nose has been stretched out with the pillows all night? That will probably go away after a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
This bears mentioning again here regarding the P10, you don't mention what pillow size you are using and I have found as have others that using the larger size or next size up might reduce some discomfort as the pillows sometimes wind up being in deeper than needed on the smaller pillows even though they may feel ok the next size up may feel better.

And everything else RG said too.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
He did mention he is using the medium. I would also echo to try the large. Further, you can loosen them just a bit each night and see how loose you can get them while still maintaining a good leak rate. Just move that little strap on top of your head ever so slightly forward and see how that works. It also will take a little time to get used to them. Just keep experimenting.
Post Reply Post Reply
He did mention medium somehow I missed that. Well no one's perfect. Sorry I missed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If, however, the soreness is on the outside from your nose being squished from the overly tight, totally unadjustable, stupid as heck headgear, then there's not much to do except loosen or modify the headgear. Or use a different mask that has more sensible headgear.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Aww Paula, tell us what you really think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well well someone is a P10 hater.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nahhhh, she just plays one on tv.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's an Emmy worthy performance Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.