Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pillow pressure
Pillow pressure
So I'm picking up the P10 mask today and have an opus 360 coming tomorrow. I've been told that using nasal pillows require less pressure than a nasal mask or FFM. With my wisp I am running auto 11.4-16. What would be a good starting range for the pillow masks? Or should I just leave it at that? My 95% reading has been 14.42 with Ahi consistently between 0.4-1.4
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pillow pressure
(03-26-2015, 08:21 AM)truetopath Wrote: So I'm picking up the P10 mask today and have an opus 360 coming tomorrow. I've been told that using nasal pillows require less pressure than a nasal mask or FFM. With my wisp I am running auto 11.4-16. What would be a good starting range for the pillow masks? Or should I just leave it at that? My 95% reading has been 14.42 with Ahi consistently between 0.4-1.4

I hope someone answers, I would guess that changing the type of mask in the options from Nasal to Pillows takes care of that? Sorry I cannot be of more help. I am a newbie too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mich for the response! I'm going to change the setting on my machine to nasal pillows for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I changed over on Monday night, I hadn't found any definite guidelines so I was just going to leave it the same and see how it ranged overnight. But I couldn't exhale, not without a lot of ongoing, concerted effort anyway.

I was running 10-15 on the ffm. (Resmed Quattro Air)

I am running 7-9 on the nasal pillow. (Resmed Airfit P10)

That's after experimenting with some different numbers to see what I could tolerate for exhale resistance, and monitoring where my range was going during the night.

My AHI the past two nights has been 3-4, compared to 8-10 on the ffm. (throwing out a couple of outliers for both)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks worn_out! I'll try to adjust the lower end tonight to see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2015, 08:58 AM)truetopath Wrote: Thanks Mich for the response! I'm going to change the setting on my machine to nasal pillows for sure.

You're welcome Truetopath! I will be following this thread given the fact that I did not have good results with the P10. I noticed that the average pressures went down but my AHI went higher than with the Wisp and Eson, With the Wisp and Eson I have not once exceeded 1.9 whereas with the P10 the highest ended up being 5.54 according to Sleepyhead. I like the small form factor. I even ordered a replacement pillow to see if maybe the first one was defective somehow. But after getting spoiled with good sleep, it is hard to get enthused about trying it again.

Good luck to you, let us know how the P10 works out for you.

Post Reply Post Reply
So after an afternoon of reading and research I've decided that I'm going to leave my pressure range at 11.4-16 for the next few nights and watch my data closely before making any changes. I know when I trialled the P10 before I had no problems exhaling against the pressure, so I'm thinking this experience will be the same. I'll keep y'all posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have the same APAP that I do. I think all you have to do is make sure the mask setting is set for the type of mask. Supposedly, any alteration to your xPAP system pressure is calibrated to different masks, so when you change the mask, your machine (assuming you change the mask setting) maintains the proper therapeutic pressure.

But keeping an eye out is also a good idea, as your pressure needs may change with a change in mask types.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I slept great last night! My pressure ranged right where it usually does, but I had less events, so I'm pretty excited about that. The best part was no leaks at all!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 07:58 AM)truetopath Wrote: Well I slept great last night! My pressure ranged right where it usually does, but I had less events, so I'm pretty excited about that. The best part was no leaks at all!
Hi truetopath,
That's great, hope this trend continues for you.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,872 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.