Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pillows are not working for me
Pillows are not working for me
I love my Airfit P10 pillows, but my results using them suck. Here are the results of 2 nights use, the first with an Eson 2 and the second with the P10 pillows. My AHI is way worse, there is some leakage but not bad. Both are using CPAP because I get way worse results using APAP, I am guessing that is due to being aroused due to small pressure changes. 

First Night with an Eson 2 Nasal Mask:

[Image: LmEBBXtl.png]

Here is a night with the Nasal Pillows. Raising the pressure makes things even worse:

[Image: Lye4rcRl.png]

Comment or solutions would be helpful. I hate to give up on the pillows because they are so much more comfortable.

TIA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pillows are not working for me
I had issues with my first set of F&P Brevida nasal pillows and could not get comfortable with them. I switched to Phillips DreamWear under nose pillows and it was night and day better. I will say that my AHI was up the first couple of nights but it's slowing coming back down. I am hopeful that the downward trend continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
What size nasal pillows are you using for the P10? Try going up one size or down one size to see if that makes a difference for the leaks. Also, did you make sure the settings on your Airsense are for Nasal Pillows? I would also use the P10s for a few days to get some more consistent data. You shouldn't base your decision on one night. Particularly if you find them comfortable.

Another consideration would be to try APAP but with a narrower range, say 9-14? Might be with using the nasal pillows you will find the pressure changes less disruptive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your EPR is off. If you have not had significant CA events with EPR, that might resolve the hypopnea. Your leak rate is not bad, and one night of higher hypopnea events is not a basis for rejecting the nasal pillows. Try again, add some EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All setting are correct. I have used the Nasal Pillows for 16 nights( AHI average 4.2) and the Nasal Mask for 39 nights(AHI average 2.9), and the Pillows give me higher AHI and poorer subjective sleep quality. If I look at the standard deviation there is a possibility that there is no difference between the two, but it seems like there is.

EPR also seems to be disruptive, as do the APAP settings. I would try a larger or smaller size pillows, but my DME seems to like o glom onto the different sizes when they hand them out, so I only got the medium when I got the P10. I tried the small there, but they felt very restricted. That may or may not have been representative as I only had them on for about a minute before saying these feel bad. I want to keep up with my nasal mask also, so this month I will order a small or large set of pillows but don't really know which way to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just because nasal pillows work well for some people, does not mean they will work for you. We're all different. I would suggest trying different masks. The New version of the Dreamwear comes with gel pillows. Might be worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,778 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.