Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine
Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine
Ok, you're saying that the pin from the part circled below is stuck in your machine? If the machine is still under warranty, you should take it back to your DME and exchange it. If you own it, you may be able to pull out the pin with a pair of needle nose pliers. You'll need to purchase a new power supply from one of the vendors above.

[Image: dj9kWCD.jpg]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi B10576,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question, good luck to you with CPAP therapy and I hope you are able to get your machine running, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is it's the very thin third pin in the power plug that is stuck inside your machine because the same thing happened to my S9 Autoset, which I now own. In my case, that little (but important) pin got really stuck deep inside the machine, and I learned that the S9 will not power up without that pin connected.
Since I couldn't get it out, it made the machine non-functional. So, I went to my DME for a loaner machine and some help on repair. In my case, the DME did give me a loaner and sent the machine to ResMed's repair facility in San Diego for evaluation. Their report was that they also couldn't remove the pin and therefore a new main circuit board was needed. After agreeing to have the repairs made (I'm on Medicare), ResMed did so and then returned the machine to my DME.
That thin pin is so vulnerable and its connector is placed so low on the machine's back side. I wonder why the mfgr. didn't realize that in the design process.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion, RM should never have gone away from standard coax DC power receptacles on their machines. To me, it was just another way to drive folks to overpay for proprietary accessories that they could easily provide themselves at a far more affordable level..

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if this is applicable, but there are very strict medical device restrictions on power and how it is used in medical devices, especially on grounding and interference reductions,
Post Reply Post Reply
We've seen on this on quite a few computer systems as well. You can get the pin out but it isn't easy, at times we've resorted to crazy glue and a pick tip, you have to catch the pin and then pull it back. It's not an easy job. Hope that helps. Also, have used a pick with a bore tip which looks like a screw to get in there.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 04:35 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: In my opinion, RM should never have gone away from standard coax DC power receptacles on their machines.

My A10 uses a standard coax connector.  Maybe they went back after the S9?
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Look again, Rich. The barrel part has an inner and an outer conductor, as well as that skinny pin in the center. The two conductors on the barrel carry the power amps, and the center pin has a signaling voltage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2017, 11:40 PM)CB91710 Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 04:35 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: In my opinion, RM should never have gone away from standard coax DC power receptacles on their machines.

My A10 uses a standard coax connector.  Maybe they went back after the S9?

They may have, but the devious designers set is so that there has to be a specific signal passed on the connector for the machine to turn on.  Well, "signal" may not be the proper term, actually, it is a specific resistance IIRC.  It that isn't present, the machine will not turn on.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 13 214 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 96 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,429 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 84 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 4 163 03-14-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,443 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.