Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pl advise re my mask leak
Pl advise re my mask leak
Hello,

Have attached my summary stats, have been using CPAP for 2 years now. And my graphs from last nite.

Am using a chin strap that fits snugly but not tight, make sure my pillow masks fit snugly again not tight.. I started using chip straps 6 weeks back. It looks like it has helped with the leak but I still have them.. Is this acceptable ? 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pl advise re my mask leak
I also noticed that the flow rate plot slides down (+ amplitude is smaller) whenever there is leak.. Why/what does it mean ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed the opposite effect... when the pressure is low (4 cmH2O) the flow rate is high. It's been my experience that when the pressure is low I tend to work harder to pull more air. When the pressure rises, I relax and let the machine do its work.

Most people find 4 cmH2O to be uncomfortable.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can put in a dotted line for the leak rate. Above that line is a problem. Right click in the left side of the graph label leak rate and pick dotted line. There are 3 or 4 options and I am not at my computer but I’m sure you can figure out which options
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion the leaks don't look bad. However, your EPR and min pressure aren't fully compatible. I would keep EPR 3 full time and increase Min pressure to 7 to get the full EPR benefits. Most will find pressure of 4 too low and are starving for air.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, yeah, how do you breathe with a min pressure of 4? I thought mine was low at 7.5. But maybe you're an aerobic champion?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 8 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 240 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.