Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Playing with the "mouth air"
Playing with the "mouth air"
I can't help but wonder if I'm the only goober out there that will sometimes still be a little bored as I lay down and occasionally have difficulty drifting off to sleep and start "playing" with the mouth air.

Meaning..... I'll open my mouth just a little... hear the sssssshhhhhhhhhh. Then close my mouth. Pull my lips back and it run through my teeth..... close my lips. Quick open wide WOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH... close. Rolleyes

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I do this for hours on end. Maybe 5 minutes max just because I'm a tad restless on the rare occasion.

Not sure what made me think about that, let alone admitting it, and posting it on an open form so everyone can what a goober I can be..... on the other side of the coin.... I get a tiny bit of satisfaction out of being so juvenile Bigwink Grin

Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Playing with the "mouth air"
HOW ODD!! ...and sadly I must admit that I have done that too. In my case I have experimented with the idea that if my nosie airway is working well, and my tongue is successfully keeping my mouth airway from interfering with the process, could I open my mouth a little and listen to all the noise? The answer seems to be yes, at least for a short period.

Isn't that weird?

But I'm not weird. So you must not be weird either. Everybody's different, except for you and I. We're the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 01:31 PM)retired_guy Wrote: But I'm not weird. So you must not be weird either. Everybody's different, except for you and I. We're the same.

OOOh your reply made me LOL! I needed that today Smile
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2014, 01:25 PM)SandysSpot Wrote: I can't help but wonder if I'm the only goober out there that will sometimes still be a little bored as I lay down and occasionally have difficulty drifting off to sleep and start "playing" with the mouth air.
Okay...so I admit that I wait until I get a medium size air bubble then spit it out. You're in good company here.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh you guys are amateurs with no skills at all. The correct procedure is to get some hubba bubba or bubbalicious or even some bazooka. Chew it up well, then lay down in bed hook up the pap and see how fast and large you can inflate the bubble without popping it all over your face. On nights when the better half is P*ssed off at you get some of those long skinny balloons that are always a fight to blow up, and whoosh they blow right up make a toy dog for the better half and guaranteed she'll be cool. I have some other things I like to do too but I am not sharing!

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Galactus...you win and thank you so much for not sharing the "other things."
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL Yea it does appear I'm in good company! Last night I was in a hissing mood. It humored me briefly because the dog kept tilting her head at me :p
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
We really need a competition thread with the winner receiving an Apnea Board Tshirt at the very least! This could become like the threads on what people do with empty pringles cans or coke bottles. This could be THE THREAD! lol
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take 5 steps back from the T-shirt....... I have my puppy pointed at you......
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 07:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Take 5 steps back from the T-shirt....... I have my puppy pointed at you......

I realize my reference will be from a different thread, but I'm still chuckling over you holding your puppy to your PC to see if it would sync the fitbit. Too-funny

I did forget to mention I do like to take advantage of the moment when one of the cats decide they want to lay on me at night. They came close enough to check out my gear. Once. Grin
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 36 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 380 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 235 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 807 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,166 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.