Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help Getting AirFit P10s to Work For Me (Higher AHIs)
Please Help Getting AirFit P10s to Work For Me (Higher AHIs)
I'm a little over 4 months into APAP. Therapy has been pretty successful. The one problem I've had is not being able to get good results from using ResMed's AirFit P10s.

I'd love to use these. The minimalism is very appealing. But my numbers (and morning feeling) are much worse than using a nasal mask. I've been mostly using a Wisp nasal mask.

With the Wisp I've been getting very good nights in recent weeks, with many nights under 1 AHI per hour.

The one issue with the Wisp is I've developed a small pressure spot on the bridge of my nose. I'm going to order a new ResMed P20 nasal mask to try (in process), but before giving up entirely I thought I'd post by last 2 nights on the P10 and see if anyone had an educated guess on how to improve things.

Note: I've used the same settings 7.2 (Min) and 13.6 (Max) with an EPR of 3 that has led to good success with my nasal mask. I did reset the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto to "pillows" when going to the p10s. Otherwise, the settings are the same.

In earlier tweaking of my settings I did try lowering the EPR to 2, 1, and 0 (at least with a nasal mask) and did less well than an EPR of 3. At EPR3 I slept better and had lower APIs.

I would like to see if I can get the P10s to work if that's possible. Maybe it is not possible. Anyway, I'm up for experimentation if our knowledgeable user-base has any ideas.

Much appreciated and Happy New Year!

Bill

[img]http://[Image: IHnT0czl.png][/img]

[img]http://[Image: iZYL9Cfl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help Getting AirFit P10s to Work For Me (Higher AHIs)
I would look at increasing your minimum, to 8 initially possibly to 9 later to support your OAs.
Drop your EPR to 2, You were coming down to 4.2, a bit low IMHO, this will put the floor at 6.

Drop your high from 13 to 11 to help with your CAs

That should make a difference then re-evaluate.

Fred

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm all for raising the minimum pressure to 9cm. This puts you at about 2cm below your 95% reading and should help with Obstructives.

Reducing the EPR will also help with the CA's. Try a setting of 2 or even 1 if it is comfortable for you.

Also, do you feel you are using the correct size nasal pillow? Sometimes, going up a size up makes a world of difference.

Just curious...how much lower was the AHI on the nasal mask?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 03:33 PM)bonjour Wrote: I would look at increasing your minimum, to 8 initially possibly to 9 later to support your OAs.
Drop your EPR to 2, You were coming down to 4.2, a bit low IMHO, this will put the floor at 6.

Drop your high from 13 to 11 to help with your CAs

That should make a difference then re-evaluate.

Fred

Thank you for the input Fred.

Narrowing the range (raising min. and lowering max.) was my best "guess," but must admit some confusion as to why settings that worked so well for a nasal mask are a failure with the P10s. Why so?

I'm feeling groggy today. I will adjust tonight's settings.

Happy New Year!

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 03:47 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm all for raising the minimum pressure to 9cm. This puts you at about 2cm below your 95% reading and should help with Obstructives.

Reducing the EPR will also help with the CA's. Try a setting of 2 or even 1 if it is comfortable for you.

Also, do you feel you are using the correct size nasal pillow? Sometimes, going up a size up makes a world of difference.

Good luck!

I'm using the large pillows. I've used both the large and medium sized ones. Both seem reasonable size-wise, but I've followed the "size up" advice.

Curiously my 95% pressure numbers have been lower with the P10s.

I appreciate the help!

Happy New Year.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Moved Min to 9 and Max to 11.6 (from 7.2/13.6). Very briefly tried EPR at 2 but it was uncomfortable and stuck with 3.

Pretty much the worst night ever. I'm flummoxed. Is this leak related?

Not sure where to go from here. Do I just give up on P10s? I hate to do it.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
There's nothing in your charts that suggest a major leak problem that would affect the machines abilty to do it's job.

Although, you can experience small mask movements thoughout the night and have small leaks from that movement that will disturb sleep.

I don't see how there could be such a large difference in an AHI <1 with the wisp and and AHI of 5 with the P10.

Not everyone can adapt to the P10. You will have to decide what works best for you and how you feel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to include last night's Sleepyhead report:

[img]http://[Image: MF9aqyRl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
You had 2 different nights here 1:40 to 6:40 with 6 events = 6/5 = 1.2 AHI if you exclude the CAs 1/5 = 0.2 AHI Very good
What happened during your 2nd half of the night

How was your sleep from 7 am to noon?

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2017, 03:42 PM)bonjour Wrote: You had 2 different nights here 1:40 to 6:40 with 6 events = 6/5 = 1.2 AHI if you exclude the CAs 1/5 = 0.2 AHI Very good
What happened during your 2nd half of the night

How was your sleep from 7 am to noon?

My clock is off. We retired early so I put on the mask early (to get used to the new setting) while I did some reading etc. So part of the first session was "awake time."

I'm not sure what happened the second part of the night. Looks like I did not sleep well. I certainly don't feel like I did.

The second part of the night must have been closer to 4 am to 9.

I see that second portion had an AHI of 14.9. That's more than my score for untreated apneas during my sleep study. I'm at a loss.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,265 9 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,326 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 70 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 115 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 107 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.