Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help-I feel like crap
RE: Please Help-I feel like crap
(04-03-2021, 08:36 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I have 2 questions, what is your EPR set to and have you tried autoset instead of autoset for her?

Your therapy looks good but your flow limits are high.  Flow limits are small apnea and if they are numerous they can cause you to wake up or not get into deeper sleep.

There are some very good people here for helping - they will answer soon I'm sure - hang in there.

I tried autoset last night at 7.6 with the P10 pillows and I thought my nose was going to implode!  I also got very dizzy and there was a ringing in my ear so I quickly shut it off because that scared me.  Is this normal?  I'm switching back to my Dreamwear cushion tonight because I absolutely can't stand the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean implode?  It was pulling air out?  Or was the pressure on inhale was to strong?  Please explain a little more what you experienced.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure why you would hav trouble with a minimum of 7.6, since you were spending much of the night near 9 in the earlier chart you posted.

To answer a question: unfortunately a change in mask is not going to address flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2021, 09:30 AM)staceyburke Wrote: What do you mean implode?  It was pulling air out?  Or was the pressure on inhale was to strong?  Please explain a little more what you experienced.

It felt like all the air was getting trapped at the top of my nose and it was expanding.  It was a very uncomfortable sensation.  I don't get that when I wear the Dreamwear Nasal Cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2021, 10:34 AM)Dormeo Wrote: I'm not sure why you would hav trouble with a minimum of 7.6, since you were spending much of the night near 9 in the earlier chart you posted.  

To answer a question:  unfortunately a change in mask is not going to address flow limitations.

I set the machine to 7.6 - 10.0 and the issue started to get noticeable in my nose when it went up to 8.0 and higher.  I do find the machine wants to stay around 9.0.  Does this mean that should be my pressure?

I'm switching back to the nasal cushion mask tonight, the pillows are not for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean when you say you tried autoset? Are you referring to the different modes? There is the "for her" mode and the "normal" mode that's on the black machine. Are you referring to one of these?

Someone said there was a hard and a soft normal mode, but I have never changed my mode, so IDK
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Where your machine wants to be isn't necessarily a good guide to your best pressure, but a pressure of 9 seems to give you good results -- that's an excellent reason for using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2021, 12:33 AM)Cpapian Wrote: What do you mean when you say you tried autoset?  Are you referring to the different modes?  There is the "for her" mode and the "normal" mode that's on the black machine.  Are you referring to one of these?

Someone said there was a hard and a soft normal mode, but I have never changed my mode, so IDK

Yes that is what I was meaning when I mentioned autoset.  It was recommended that I give it a try since I've tried autoset for her and cpap modes which still produced flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've pretty much given up for now.  I will wait to have the Cardiac CT scan done and talk to the sleep Dr and then decide if I will give up completely or try again.  I'm just so exhausted and I need to sleep.  I haven't used the machine the past 2 nights and I feel so much better when waking up and during the day.  I also wake up less often throughout the night and fall asleep faster.  

Thanks everyone for trying to offer assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you. After you've figured out what to do, I'd be interested to know, if you wanted to come back to this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 195 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.