Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help Me Analyze OSCAR Data
RE: Please Help Me Analyze OSCAR Data
Thank you! No, I am not using ramp. I just have my EPR set to 3 but i've heard that this could cause central apneas. I do find the mask much more comfortable with the EPR on though so i'm a bit conflicted haha. Also I just set my humidity to 3 last night but it felt like I could barely get any fresh air. Should I maybe turn it down to see if that helps? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You are in a balancing act.

Increase EPR to reduce obstructive events, but you can expect to see some additional central apnea.

Reduce EPR to reduce central apnea but obstructive events will increase.

Humidity is actually very personal. Some individuals want high humidity and others low so try both and see which you like better.

You said " not getting enough fresh air". Try increasing your min pressure by 1, normally I say 2 but I didn't get the sense of a large issue. Personally I feel air starved at pressures under 10 so I set my min to 11. I get great AHI even below 10 but it feels like I'm sucking air thru a straw.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the detailed response! 

So would you recommend to just keep the EPR at 3? Or should I try to lower it to help resolve the central apneas? Sorry i'm very new to all of this and just want to ensure i'm making the proper adjustments!

I've increased my min pressure to 9 and it feels much better. I had less than 1 AHI last night which was pretty cool but I still keep taking my mask off in the middle of the night and its becoming very frustrating.

Is this just apart of the adjusting period or should I maybe try a different mask to see if that helps? I've attached my OSCAR data from the past 2 nights below. If you could take a look and let me know your thoughts that would be very much appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 167 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Please review my OSCAR data. Months of APAP therapy with no improvement in symptoms. breathestopbreathe 1 128 09-27-2022, 08:57 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  [Treatment] Interpreting Oscar Data StevetheGreek 4 208 09-17-2022, 04:40 PM
Last Post: StevetheGreek
  Oscar data kitkatmeows 2 181 08-29-2022, 06:46 PM
Last Post: kitkatmeows
Sad [Symptoms] Still Tired on CPAP - Suggestions Based on OSCAR Data? happyhurry 1 253 08-27-2022, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Most Important OSCAR Data for Dreamstation upsman 2 163 08-24-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: upsman
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 7 420 08-24-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.