Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IanD - Therapy Thread
RE: Please Help Me Analyze OSCAR Data
Thank you! No, I am not using ramp. I just have my EPR set to 3 but i've heard that this could cause central apneas. I do find the mask much more comfortable with the EPR on though so i'm a bit conflicted haha. Also I just set my humidity to 3 last night but it felt like I could barely get any fresh air. Should I maybe turn it down to see if that helps? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are in a balancing act.

Increase EPR to reduce obstructive events, but you can expect to see some additional central apnea.

Reduce EPR to reduce central apnea but obstructive events will increase.

Humidity is actually very personal. Some individuals want high humidity and others low so try both and see which you like better.

You said " not getting enough fresh air". Try increasing your min pressure by 1, normally I say 2 but I didn't get the sense of a large issue. Personally I feel air starved at pressures under 10 so I set my min to 11. I get great AHI even below 10 but it feels like I'm sucking air thru a straw.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the detailed response! 

So would you recommend to just keep the EPR at 3? Or should I try to lower it to help resolve the central apneas? Sorry i'm very new to all of this and just want to ensure i'm making the proper adjustments!

I've increased my min pressure to 9 and it feels much better. I had less than 1 AHI last night which was pretty cool but I still keep taking my mask off in the middle of the night and its becoming very frustrating.

Is this just apart of the adjusting period or should I maybe try a different mask to see if that helps? I've attached my OSCAR data from the past 2 nights below. If you could take a look and let me know your thoughts that would be very much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good
Post Reply Post Reply
Please Help With Cpap Settings
Hi everyone,

I made a post awhile back what settings I should use for my CPAP but unfortunately I have not seem much improvement. I still wake up exhausted, foggy, have memory issues, and depressed. It also turns out I have a deviated septum and enlarged tonsils which could be causing a lot of my sleep issues. I'm feeling pretty hopeless nowadays and don't really know where to turn to at this point. 

I can't keep my mask on more than a few hours each night and its been over 2 months. I don't know if it's an issue with the mask or the pressure so I wanted to see if anyone could offer any help on what I should do. Attached are some of my OSCAR reports, any help on analyzing them would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help With Cpap Settings
Hi, Ian  I'm just noticing that you haven't gotten an answer yet.  It would probably be helpful for you to add your questions to your original thread so that readers can easily see the original baseline information and what recommendations you may already have tried.

Also they're going to want to see more of your chart.  I'll see if I can find the instructions on how to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help With Cpap Settings
Hi, again.  Here's the link on how to organize charts for posting.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IanD - Therapy Thread
IanD,
I've merged your two threads and changed the title to IanD - Therapy Thread.

This way it's much easier for those advising to see your history in one place. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both very much! This should be uploaded in the correct format now. I slept with my mask on for over 4 hours which I haven't done before so making progress! Attached is my data, let me know if any changes or suggestions should be made please!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well your chart are perfectly normal except for large leak in one and I am seeing flow limit spike but to be sure you need to post chart with flow limit
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 247 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,330 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,193 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 802 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.