Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help with AHIs Too High/Bad Insomnia
RE: Please Help with AHIs Too High/Bad Insomnia
Thanks for the help everyone. Kaiasgram's comment felt very rough and caused many tears. I am in mid 60s, very overweight from years of steroids from autoimmune conditions and very depressed from that and messed up sleep - when you are in that shape, the thought of figuring out things which (to me) feel overwhelming is difficult. However I have learned a lot and will get my husband to help me figure out how to get the data, and I will get a little reader whatever that is. I will also just start by following whatever weird pattern my body seems to want right now and slowly start setting it back rather than trying to reset 5 hours all at once.

It also became clear last night (for the 4th machine) that the Airsense 10 For Her has serious humidifier defects. Once again there was the great flood with water spraying (literally) into my face off and on all night. So..I will have the big fight with the seller and return the beast (again) - disappointed because I found it to be very pretty compared to the others available. I will set up the S9 again and use it until next spring and see what's available then. Wait until the bugs are worked out of the newer ones.

Anyway thanks so much everyone - I will get to the data and return in a few weeks with results and ask for help in interpreting the graphs and such. It feels good to have a plan and stop wandering around in circles.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also on my fourth A10. I was able to resolve most of my issues after contacting ResMed Clinical Support with the help of my DME. I would suggest that you contact them and see what they can do for you since you like the For Her model.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 11:47 AM)sonicboom Wrote: I am also on my fourth A10. I was able to resolve most of my issues after contacting ResMed Clinical Support with the help of my DME. I would suggest that you contact them and see what they can do for you since you like the For Her model.

Curious - what did they tell you to help? My problem is the humidifier and I have a heated hose and all is set to Auto climate control. There's really nothing I can do except try Manual and I couldn't ever guess what the humidity level should be each day - plus why pay so much for something that doesn't work as promised. Also I have to "slam" the water basin into the machine or the seal doesn't work and it sounds like a howling coyote...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 12:01 PM)bluemom51 Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 11:47 AM)sonicboom Wrote: I am also on my fourth A10. I was able to resolve most of my issues after contacting ResMed Clinical Support with the help of my DME. I would suggest that you contact them and see what they can do for you since you like the For Her model.

Curious - what did they tell you to help? My problem is the humidifier and I have a heated hose and all is set to Auto climate control. There's really nothing I can do except try Manual and I couldn't ever guess what the humidity level should be each day - plus why pay so much for something that doesn't work as promised. Also I have to "slam" the water basin into the machine or the seal doesn't work and it sounds like a howling coyote...

Its all discussed here in this thread with a link to ResMed site suggestions as well in post #42 of that thread

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion?page=5

Keep us posted on what changes you make to your setup and if they work. And, by all means, contact Clinical Support. Keep the faith and hang in there!

Coffee
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Why can't you take Ambien for your insomnia? If your doc recommended it, he/she must believe there's a good chance it will help you. Ambien is very effective for many people in promoting the onset of sleep. Unfortunately, most people develop a tolerance after a week or so, and so it isn't effective for long-term use.

Try to avoid going to bed until you're really sleepy, and try to avoid thinking about your insomnia while in bed. Also try deep, rythmic breathing. It helps relax muscles and takes your mind off the insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 11:31 AM)bluemom51 Wrote: It feels good to have a plan and stop wandering around in circles.

This is why I was wanting you to clarify for us -- and for yourself -- what you were able/willing to do. It seemed in your earlier posts that you were already ruling out all the ways we might have been able to help you. It wasn't my goal to frustrate you or bring you to tears and I'm sorry my message felt so rough.

I am also in my mid-60's with pre-existing health issues and I remember well the shape I was in when I got diagnosed with sleep apnea three years ago. The last thing you feel like doing is trying to become proficient in managing treatment for a condition you never asked to have. But you don't have to do it alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bluemom51,
I know you have had a difficult time with many things, but as HARD as this has been for you, I want to encourage you to stick with your CPAP therapy and just keep on trying, trying and trying some more.
As rough as this is, you can do it, I just know it. Keep us posted on your progress and ask as many questions as you need to ask to help you understand all this new stuff you are learning and try not to dispair as you meet new challenges, remember, you are not alone in this, again, you can do this, YOU CAN,! “you" just have to “believe” it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My current sleep Doc says that rates of Insomnia are much higher among those with Apneas (might be helpful if the Admins did a poll, maybe opened a special section for insomnia).

In my own case, I am BiPolar II, my circadian rhythms naturally(?) drift off cycle, was going to bed 8-9pm, falling asleep around 2-3am, sleeping until 11-12am and never sleeping well. It finally got so bad I went to a doctor (clinical psychologist recommended by my regular sleep Doc) who helps people with sleep problems. We reset my sleep cycle back to normal (11pm to 6am) with something that has been called both sleep restriction therapy and sleep compression therapy, but am constantly having to reapply the therapy. 

My neurologist pointed out this therapy may have originated with the book Desperately Seeking Snoozin', which dates back almost 20 years.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 213 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,416 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.