Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please I need help
Please I need help
I use a dreamwear nasal mask.  My nose feels always stuffy,  or with mucus but something else. I usually falls asleep with it ok but wake up feeling out of breath because my nose is clogged. It leaves me to panic and not be able to fall back asleep. I have to use the cpap every night or risk blindness in my one good eye left. I have not been about to tolerate a full face mask. Feelings scared and super tired. 

I use nasel spray a few times a day and nasal gel.  

I use the humidifier on setting 5 with a tube temp of 78-79. Have a resmed machine auto.
Pressure needs to be at close to 16 for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please I need help
What nasal spray? I have experienced very disruptive nasal congestion and use Flonase or its generic equal. Don’t go overboard on humidity. A setting of 4 in manual mode with your current tube temperature should be fine. Switch to nasal pillows if you are using a conventional nasal mask. The pressure along the side of your nose can impinge on the sinuses and nasal pillows apply pressure right where it is needed to break congestion. Press on your face along the sides of your nose as you inhale and then release. You will notice a big difference in flow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Yeah it’s not mucus it’s more a dry feeling or perhaps swollen nasal membranes. When I shower in the evening it usually helps and I breath better. Then it often returns in middle of night while using cpap. Sometimes I also get a tickle in my nose that makes me not sleep as well.

What nasel pillows would you recommend? The ones I have tried have made my nostrils sore in the am.

I am using the dreamwear which goes right under along the nose. Are you saying this puts more toreadors in my sinuses and mucus membranes?

Thank you for your Sleeprider. This is producing so much anxiety that I am having trouble sleeping cause of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal spray is just a saline spray
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd give an upvote for the Flonase in your circumstance. And if you wanted to try another mask, how about the ResMed P10?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not get nasal congestion that often & what I like  to do if feeling a little congested is with my p10 pillow mask is just open my mouth a little and just let the air flow purge the nasal passage, I do this about 2-3 times (10-15 seconds guessing)and it works wonders for me. It took a few years of trial and stubbornness to get my little issue resolved when it occurs not very often.
It is a easy test to see if it works, just remove your mask after 2 or 3 purges and you should feel the difference in breathing immediately. The mucus seems to be forced down the throat from the air flow and mostly gives me relief 90 % of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
There isn’t really mucus it’s more dry stuffed 16 pounds of air going up my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is how I feel also. For years I used Afrin but the Dr talked me into another method. About an hour before bed I use salt water (plastic bottle and packet of Salt mixture). Use warm water- 1/2 to full bottle. At about 15 minutes before bed - Flonase . When I get to bed I’m still not free flowing but after taking a little time with the pillows mask I can go to sleep and get through the night.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacy you also have the dry stuffy nose? Does Flonase help with that or just a runny nose? 

Also I have been using a saline spray but I like the idea of warm water.

Also on your profile says you use a dreamwear, are you using pillows now? And do you like that better? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamwear comes as a cradle or pillows the same frame and headgear.  The warm water does help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.