Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Recommend Non-Invasive Nasal Pillows
RE: Please Recommend Non-Invasive Nasal Pillows
(03-01-2018, 01:24 PM)MikeBear Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 08:34 AM)booksfan Wrote: Hydrangea, I had issues with the Dreamwear as well but am considering trying it again as well. You may want to wait just a bit first...I understand that is works with the Nuance Pro pillows. If so, that might help with the pressure on your teeth and the leaks.

This is NOT true. The Dreamwear mask comes in TWO versions now:

1: The original version with nasal "holes" cushion. I have this, but it never sealed well

2: The NEWEST version Dreamwear with Gel Pillows. This seals well

The Gel pillows version is much better (IMO) actually seals much better, and the only difference is the Gel pillow cushion instead of the nasal hole cushion. So, if you have the Dreamwear mask with nasal holes, you can keep the mask and headgear, and just order and install just the Gel pillow from the Dreamwear Gel pillow mask to replace the nasal hole cushion pillow.

I didn't originally know what was meant by that bolded sentence... but now that I've read your response, I gather Booksfan thinks the Dreamwear can attach to a Nuance Pro pillow, and that you disagree. 

I have tried my Dreamwear for 3 nights in a row now, and last night was by far the worst.  I woke up several times to it leaking because the headgear had slipped off my head.  I woke up twice because I was either struggling to breathe or was breathing through my mouth because my buckwheat pillow (which I love because it conforms to me) was blocking the vent at the top of my head.  I liked the Dreamwear when I first started on CPAP - it helped me overcome the notion of being covered by a mask.  But I'm ready to say a firm good-bye to it.

I called my DME to order the Nuance Pro, but there are some insurance issues going on so... I think I'll take SonicBoom's advice and just order OOP from Supplier #1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay then. I went to order from Supplier #1, and the Nuance Pro is $109; and you have to pay an extra $14-ish for the 30 day return allowance. I checked it out on Amazon, and the Nuance Pro is $46. You can imagine which one I went with.

Amazon doesn't sell the Brevida (right now?). So when (if) my insurance becomes unwonky, I'll use it to try the Brevida.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2018, 05:08 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Okay then.  I went to order from Supplier #1, and the Nuance Pro is $109; and you have to pay an extra $14-ish for the 30 day return allowance.  I checked it out on Amazon, and the Nuance Pro is $46.  You can imagine which one I went with.

Amazon doesn't sell the Brevida (right now?).  So when (if) my insurance becomes unwonky, I'll use it to try the Brevida.

That is some mark up, but they will tell you it is to cover overheads, which might be partly true but......... Unsure
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 251 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 347 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 463 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 840 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 493 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.